Chapter 21: A return and a weapon

Tommy POV.

My blanket was wrapped snugly around me as I was sitting on the couch, trying not to freak out, which is something that I have been trying not to do for the last couple of days. Afterall, it had just been so stressful with everything that has been going on.

And Philza has had to go through the same amount of, if not more, stress than I was currently going through. He has to deal with Bad being injured, Karl and George both being in the middle of the bad guys headquarters, one son being dead, the other being a criminal. I felt stressed even thinking about it, but he had to go through it.

Then there was Wilbur. After seeing what he had done. I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to think. He had been my best friend when I was a kid, after all Philza was busy training Techno to be a superhero, so Will basically raised me. Then suddenly he just left one day, Philza didn’t tell me anything about it, neither did Techno. It was up to my speculation as to what had happened.

Was it really possible that he had turned into a criminal? That my brother who was my best friend and the closest person to me in the whole world, would be the kind of person to steal, and kill, and hurt people.

Suddenly, there was a yelp as something heavy fell on top of me. “Hey what the fuck!?” I asked as I pushed the weight off of me, before realising that it was George and Karl. “What the hell is going on?” I asked, watching as they sat up and looked over at me. “Why the hell are you both here?”

“It’s a long story,” George responded, sending a glance at the taller brunette who was on the floor beside him. His eyes widened for a moment, and he looked over at Karl. “What is going to happen to them? What if Wilbur did something to them? Oh god we should have been more prepared.”

I looked between the two of them, barely trying to hide my confusion as Karl responded to George quietly. They immediately fell silent though when we heard Philza’s voice coming from the hallway. “Tommy. What was all that noise I just heard? Did you hurt yourself, because I really can’t be bothered having to deal with something like this at the moment.”

The old blond walked into the room and froze when he saw the pair of superheroes who were standing in front of me. “What happened?” He instantly asked, immediately knowing something was wrong from their expression, and the fact that they weren’t even meant to be here.

“Dream had been tipped off by Quackity about where Wilbur was,” George answered solemnly, refusing to look Philza, Karl, or I in the eyes.
“So he, Sapnap, and Skeppy decided that all of us should go and try to kill him, or catch him, or something along those lines. However, we weren't told everything.” Karl continued.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, crossing my arms as I too was now feeling curious about what was going on.
“Either Quackity didn’t tell us everything, or Dream didn’t tell us everything.” Karl elaborated.

“It turns out that Wilbur wasn’t there, instead he had some of Skeppy’s ex-henchmen taking a group of civilians hostage. That way even if we didn’t turn up when these guys escaped they could pin the blame on Skeppy and not on Wilbur.” Karl took a moment to pause before continuing. “Anyway, Wilbur was waiting for us when we turned up. He had Punz with him.”

“They were going to kill Sapnap and Karl decided to use his powers to protect him. Then Karl grabbed me and we ran… er well teleported.” George finished.
“Shit,” Philza muttered after hearing what the two of them had been through. He paused for a moment in thought before telling me to go to my room.

“What?” I asked, immediately getting annoyed. “I am an adult, I deserve to be allowed to hear this conversation. It is about my brother after all!” I glared over at Phil, feeling really pissed off because I wanted to be able to hear what they were planning on talking about. I mean, I wanted to know what they were planning on doing with Wilbur.

“We aren’t talking about Wilbur,” Philza reassured me. “I want to talk with them about Skeppy, Sapnap, and Dream. You probably wouldn’t be interested.” He saw how I was still upset and sighed before continuing. “Plus, you’ve barely slept over the past couple of days and it is not good for you Tommy. We will talk to you about Wilbur in the morning, okay?”

I knew that no matter what I said Philza wouldn’t change his mind, so I made a point to grumble audibly in objection before stomping out of the room. However, instead of going to my bedroom, I decided to head for the armoury. The three in the kitchen all seemed like they were too busy to focus on what I was doing.

The armoury was a place I always felt like I could think. It had a quiet atmosphere that allowed me to focus, plus I will admit seeing the super suits was often quite cool, especially since I always wanted to be a hero but Phil said that I had to have superhero powers to be a hero. And since I didn’t have regenerative abilities like Techno did he didn’t want me to get hurt.

I sighed as I looked up at the glass cases, three of which currently had supersuits in them, always clean and undamaged in case they were ever needed. The only one missing was Bad’s, since he was wearing it when that explosion happened. However, the suits of 404, Jacobs, and… my brother were all there, patiently waiting for the next time they were needed.

After taking my time to look over all the suits, I stopped in front of the suit that belonged to my brother. I had always loved this suit, I will admit that when I first saw it I might have begged Philza to help me get a suit of my own. Obviously he said that I was too young to be fighting crime, which was something that he often said.

A sigh fell from my lips as I turned my gaze to look over at all of the weapons lining the walls of the armoury, on stands and in cases of their own. Everything from guns and knives which they’ve confiscated from villains and criminals they’d taken out, to gifts from people that they had saved.

A couple times I had taken some of these weapons and tried to use them myself, although usually I would be found out and grounded. But at the moment, everyone who could find out I had taken the weapons was busy.

Meaning, I could go for a run and try these out. All four of the heroes had said at least once or twice that going out on the street and fighting crime helped clear his head after all. I smiled as I ran to my room to get my school bag and began filling it up with weapons. Maybe, I could try being my own hero if Philza wasn’t going to end up training me.
_________________________________________
1244 words