Chapter 6: Questions

Last day of double upload for this story. I also want to apologise on advance, there are a lot of jumps from character to character throughout the story.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

I collapsed to my knees on the concrete, barely able to keep Bad in my arms as I did. No matter how exhausted I was, I couldn’t allow myself to rest though. The life of one of my closest friends was at risk, and for his sake I had to keep myself conscious and carry Bad out of the alleyway and across the road to the hospital.

In all honesty I should have teleported straight into the hospital, but at the time I was too worried about my identity. If I had teleported into the middle of the waiting room, or any other room for instance, my cover would have been blown, and let’s not forget the fact that I have been condemned as a traitor.

I managed to help Bad across the road. There was a traffic jam and I was able to step through gaps between cars easily enough, and anyone who recognised the superhero in my arms moved their car as best as they could to help me through.

Some of these people even opened their doors and windows, coming over to me as I walked and asking me what happened, or offering to help, but I didn’t want to risk anything. I told them an excuse about how my apartment was nearby and I heard an explosion, then I saw him from out of my window.

They obviously asked me some questions, and I answered them. I told them that I didn’t own a car, and my phone was flat, and it was up in my apartment so I decided to carry him here since it was only a street away. It wasn’t the best excuse but it was believable.

After screaming at the security in front of the hospital to get help a pair of men ran over and took my unconscious friend from my arms. They hurried him over to a stretcher to take him inside while another security guard, this one a woman, began asking me what happened.

Once again it was the same story. I told her that I heard an explosion from my apartment and found him unconscious on the ground. I also told her that I wasn’t the best when it came to injuries but only his arm seemed to be hurt, or damaged. The guard then asked me to answer some more questions inside, before leading me into the reception.

Believe me, it took a lot of willpower to stop myself from collapsing on the ground and sleeping since I was absolutely drained of all energy. The security guard walked me to an office away from the main reception and knocked on the door. On the door was a plaque that read ‘Doctor Racheal Walker’

A couple seconds later a woman answered. She had her orange hair tied up in a messy ponytail, and had pale skin, and her face overall showed an expression of both exhaustion and satisfaction, which I guess was common for a doctor. “Can I help you?” She asked cautiously, examining both me and the female security guard beside me.

“Yes Doctor, this man just brought in BadBoyHalo, and he is badly injured on his arms due to an explosion, a possible bomb. He has been rushed up to ICU for an examination to see if he is okay or not.” The guard said, barely a trace of emotion in her face, as though she were in the military. “I brought him here because as the head Doctor you would need to ask questions.”

“Of course,” Doctor Walker hummed, “it’s proper procedure after all, especially with an injured superhero being brought in. Those four have helped this city more times than I can count. Anyway, I will ask a couple questions before heading up to help with BadBoyHalo. You can go back to where you need to be.”

The guard nodded and walked off, while the doctor stepped to the side and instructed me to sit down on the couch. I did as she asked and felt the strong urge to lie down and go to sleep then and there with her watching. Although my head felt like a bowling ball I managed to keep it upright and look the woman in the eyes.

“So sir, can I ask for your name and age please?” She asked me, giving me an intense, but overly comforting and concerned look, her chin perched on the back of her hands..
My voice quivered slightly as I answered. “My name is Karl Jacobs and I am 24 years old.”

“Okay thank you,” the doctor smiled, and the sound of keys tapping across a keyboard filled the room. A few moments later she returned her gaze to me. “Now Mr Jacobs, do you have any connection to BadBoyHalo?”
I shook my head. “This is the first time I have seen him in person,” I told her.

It seemed believable enough for her, and I rubbed my eyes lightly, trying to steady my breathing and keep from passing out. Doctor Walker noticed this and stood up from her desk, walking over to kneel in front of me. “Are you feeling okay?'' she asked, a quizzical expression on her face as she looked me up and down.

“I feel tired, close to passing out,” I admitted, before squinting my eyes as she shined a torch into my eyes, examining the way my pupil reacted.
“You should probably lie down. I will call a nurse down to escort you up to a bed so you can have a rest, okay?” I nodded at her words.

The doctor then pressed a button on her desk, probably connected to a nurses station somewhere else in the building, telling them to send someone down to escort me to a bed. Dr Walker was watching me quietly, and noticed my stressed expression. “Is something wrong Mr Jacobs?” She asked me.

“Just tired,” I repeated quietly, resting my head in my hand. My eyes were barely open as I stared down at my lap. Just before the nurse came in I decided to ask her a question. “If my friends come around can you please send them to wherever you’re taking me?”
“Of course, who are your friends?” She asked, grabbing a notepad to write down their names.

“There names are Philza, Tommy Innit, Tubbo, Ranboo, and Dr Foolish Gamers.” I listed, watching as she quickly scribbled each of their names down.
“Is that all?” She asked, her pen still poised above the paper, a few seconds after I gave a nod of confirmation the nurse arrived.

“Thank you. Now, you can go and rest Karl. If your friends turn up I will bring them to where you are staying alright?” I gave a nod and stood up. Dr Walker gave me a warm smile as walked me to the door before telling me to have a good rest.
_________________________________________
1185 words