Chapter 66: Encounter

New story out tomorrow!
_________________________________________
Tommy POV.

"Now, remember the plan. George, Karl, head to the roof, then we’ll get the drop on him.” Philza told the pair of superheroes before turning to Dream, Skeppy, and Sapnap. “You three surround the building, find any side doors or loading docks or whatever and get in there.”

All of them nodded, and I watched as Dream and Skeppy turned to leave. Sapnap took a couple of moments to follow as he pulled Karl into a quick kiss first, making me gag at the disgusting sight. The ravenette chuckled at me as he ran to follow after Dream and Skeppy, and once he was gone the two heroes teleported off.

“I want you three to stay near me, okay?” My father stated, and we all nodded. None of us wanted to be here, and it honestly made me rethink my plans of becoming a superhero if it meant that I had to hang around these creepy warehouses late at night. “And keep the weapons that Dream gave you close.”

Part of me wondered how he knew that we had weapons, since he never actually saw us getting them, but I didn’t say anything since we were focusing on much more important things at the moment. “We will,” I reassured Philza before watching as he began walking towards a door near where we were standing.

“Keep both of your weapons hidden as long as possible,” the blond added as he went to open the door. “Only use them if you feel that you are in danger.” Once again there was a nod from all of us, who waited with baited breath as he reached for the handle before pulling the door open and holding out his gun, just in case anyone came running at us.

But the place was dark, darker than dark even, and as we slowly made our way into the building we were enveloped in a cold, unwelcoming, silence. We could barely even see a few feet in front of us, which made me feel even more on edge.

"Phil?" I muttered quietly, barely being able to make him out even though I was standing closer to him than the other two were. "Are we-uh sure this is the right place? I thought that Wilbur would have been here."

"I am here Tommy, don't need to worry." All of our eyes widened as the voice echoed from somewhere in the shadows, followed by a loud chuckle. Suddenly all of the lights turned on at once, causing all of us to wince at the sudden brightness. As we struggled to adjust to the light I heard footsteps echoing through the room, coming towards us.

“You took a while Phil,” he stated, walking slowly towards me. “I was feeling worried that you wouldn’t show, however I knew that you would have had to in order to save the life of poor, innocent, BadBoyHalo.” He motioned over to a chair in the middle of the room and we all stared, jaws slightly agape, as a figure glanced up at us.

It was Bad, he was tied to the chair with his mask thrown haphazardly on the floor in front of him, and his face covered in bruises and cuts. His eyes were glazed over, dim, and nearly lifeless but his gaze was travelling around the room, glancing at the four of us before changing to watch Wilbur. “Bad,” Philza murmured as he looked at the restrained superhero, “what did he do to you?”

The superhero appeared malnourished, clearly not getting any sort of food for a while. It was especially astonishing when you saw the fact that his once muscular body which had used to do rigorous training rituals every single day now looked as though he hadn’t lifted a weight in his lifetime.

It looked like Bad wanted to say something but he obviously couldn’t since he had a gag forced into his mouth. “I did not physically hurt him, no need to worry.” Wilbur reassured, although it was clear that I didn’t believe him, and neither did Philza.
“Hand him over,” the old blond growled the warning out.

“Don’t worry, I will give you Bad once you give me Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo.” The brunette informed us, taking his eyes off of Phil and focusing directly on me instead. “Although I will admit it will be tragic to cut this family reunion short, at least with the family who aren’t decomposing in the ocean.”

“That’s enough Wilbur!” My father yelled, immediately getting upset by the mention of my brother, and his reaction just made Wilbur laugh even more.
“I love how you think that your instructions still work on me Phil. I managed to escape your hell-hole prison complex of a home years ago, and I’m not letting Tommy return to it again.”

Tears were pricking at my eyes at this point, I couldn’t help it. I was just so over everything that was going on. First George and Karl get kidnapped, then Techno dies, then I get kidnapped by my brother, then I found out he wanted to blow up my friends, then he turned the city against them, then he kidnapped me again, and now he was threatening Bad’s life to get to me.

But nobody noticed what was happening to me, because even though this entire fight was over me neither my brother nor Phil cared. Wilbur was right about Phil, he had gotten too worried about losing Techno that he focused on training him to be a hero, and others like him. But Wilbur only wanted to have me so he could prove he was better than Phil.

I didn’t say anything though, since the group seemed more preoccupied with other things. My two family members were glaring daggers and yelling at each other, my two friends were just worried about what was going on, and if Skeppy, Sapnap, Dream, Karl, and George managed to sneak their way into the building but they wouldn’t be able to see me from where they were.

A loud alarm suddenly echoed through the room, causing everyone but me who was standing by the door to all snap their gazes over to look at it. I took the opportunity of everyone being distracted to wipe the tears from my face, after all, they were fighting over me and so I may as well look like I am brave enough to be involved in it.

The alarm was coming from the door that Sapnap and Skeppy had just entered through, although that wasn’t all. Standing behind him was the same blond who had kidnapped me on my way to school (I think his name was Puns or something), holding a gun which caused both ravenette’s to raise their hands in defence.

“It’s strange that every time I try and fuck up Wilbur’s plans you are the one with a gun to the back of my head,” Sapnap muttered loud enough for us to hear.
“Be quiet,” the platinum blond instructed as he forced the pair forward slightly with the barrel of the gun darting between them.

“Just saying,” Sapnap shrugged. “Plus, this was entirely Skeppy’s fault, since he values BadBoyHalo’s life over his own.” Skeppy didn’t say anything to this, instead just staring at where Bad was tied up in the middle of the room, probably feeling a lot of pain and sadness as he saw how weak the hero was.

“Great, more people are turning up, it’s nice of you all to join us.” Wilbur smiled, “why don’t you join us over here.”
Another door opened, this time with a guy I did recognise forcing my friends in. Quackity, a guy who I knew was involved in crime and ran a casino that did tons of illegal activity.

He had a gun to the back of his head and was carrying George who was thrown over his shoulder, clearly beaten. “I can’t believe that they thought nobody would be guarding the roof!” Quackity jeered playfully as he looked down at them. “And elastic and metal on both of them, meaning no powers!”

“Quackity what the hell?!” Sapnap asked, glaring across the room. “I thought we were friends!”
“That was ages ago, Sappy~” The casino boss cooed the name playfully. “I am just doing what is the best for my company and its future. You understand how business works, right?”
“Yeah, you understand how it is, right Sapnap?” Wilbur mimicked. “Now, we are just waiting for-”

“I’m right here Wilbur, no need to wait any longer.” I spun around as the voice came from behind me and I saw Dream in the doorway, and I immediately took a step back to put some distance between myself and him.

“Dream?” George asked weakly as he attempted to sit up, having been beaten and bruised badly by Quackity. “Why are you with Wilbur?”
“Because George, you were right.” The blond said without a hint of emotion in his voice. “You said I was toxic and untrustworthy and you are correct. Plus, I am a criminal.”

Fear was running through all of us, and for a few moments none of us spoke, until Wilbur cleared his throat. “Now, I don’t want to keep this going on for too much longer, so how about we get this trade over with?”
_________________________________________
1568 words