Chapter 17: Shooting Range

Dream POV.

The sound of the gun rang in my ears as I pulled the trigger. The light stench of gunpowder filled my nose and I smiled as I stood up straight and saw that the target on the opposite side of the room had been hit with a bullseye. I glanced over at George, who was sitting watching me quietly and I slowly walked over to him.

“If you want, my offer still stands for me teaching you how to shoot.” I said with a smile, not that he would be able to see it with my mask over my face. The brunette thought for a moment before eventually nodding, saying quietly that he could give it a try.

Not many other people were in here at the moment which was good, but that was how I usually preferred to practice. A lot of my henchmen would probably be distracting for George’s first time with a gun, and most of them knew that if I did get frustrated about not hitting the targets, I’d choose some other more mobile targets to fire at.

He followed me cautiously to the centre of the room, then watched silently as I showed him how to stand, holding his shoulders and helping him stand in a good position. “So you need to have a good posture and position, otherwise you could fall over or get hurt. You understand, right?”

“I understand.” He reassured me, with a small aura of confidence radiating off of him.  “I’m not a total idiot when it comes to firearms.”
“Never said you were, sweetheart.” I whispered huskily into his ear, lifting his arm so he was pointing the gun in the direction of the target.

“Line it up with the target, and when you are certain you’ve got it then you pull the trigger. Make sure you are standing firm though, alright?” There was a nod, and I watched as he took a shaky breath, his arm was also shaky as his hand pulled down the trigger.

He yelped slightly as it fired, then opened his eyes slowly to see what he had shot. The bullet had completely scraped by the target, instead hitting one of the metal pillars behind it. “That wasn’t bad for your first time George,” I complimented after seeing how disappointed the brunette looked. “After a little more practice you’ll be as good as me.”

“How long have you been training with a gun?” George questioned, allowing an exasperated sigh as he did. “Wasn’t it since you started walking?”
“Close enough.” I smirked, before helping George get back in position. “Now, I want you to try again, focus on the target and then fire.”

“I don’t know if this is going to work.” George huffed, looking like a disappointed five year old. I rolled my eyes as I decided to change how he was feeling, and stepped towards him. My hands rested on the brunette's shoulders and I gently pulled him back so his back was pressed against my chest, causing his breathing to pick up slightly.

“Don’t sound so negative,” I purred into his ear as he tensed up against me. “I will make it so you have a perfect shot. After all, we still have one hero running around and I could use a right hand man.” At the mention of another hero George tensed up slightly, and I swear I could feel electricity run through my body.

George POV.

“Line it up with the target, and when you are certain you’ve got it then you pull the trigger. Make sure you are standing firm though, alright?” Dream instructed as he took a step back. I glanced over my shoulder to where he was standing and nodded at him, showing that I understood.

I knew how to shoot a gun, Philza and Techno had trained me for it in case there was ever a situation where I had a gun and needed to use it. Surprisingly there are a lot of situations where that was the case, according to all of the places and situations I’d done training in. The blond obviously didn’t know that though.

Admittedly though, it had been a while and I wasn’t the best when it came to shooting, I didn’t need Dream to know I had any skill. My nerves still did get the better of me, and I quivered slightly, not that big of a deal though. I knew that the blond was watching me quietly from through his mask and so I screwed my eyes shut and pulled the trigger.

I opened my eyes and faked a disappointed sigh when I noticed it had missed the target. The blond noticed how upset I seemed and tried to reassure me.  “That wasn’t bad for your first time George, after a little more practice you’ll be as good as me.”

Even though I was pretending to be upset I couldn’t help but send a jab at him, deciding to ask, “how long have you been training with a gun?” Then I turned to smile at him as I answered, “Wasn’t it since you started walking?”
“Close enough. Now, I want you to try again, focus on the target and then fire.”

He helped me stand back in the original position and I gave him a cautious look. “I don’t know if this is going to work,” I told him while getting ready to do what he said. Dream chuckled as he moved to stand behind me, adjusting me once again so my back was pressed against his chest, causing my face to grow a red hue.

“Don’t sound so negative,” he purred playfully in my ear. “I will make it so you have a perfect shot. Afterall, we still have one hero running around and I could use a right hand man.” The mention of a hero made me tense, especially the way he said it. Was it a sign he knew who I was? Should I be worried?

I didn’t say anything, but a jolt of electric fear ran through my body. Instead I just focused on the gun, and the target on the opposite side of the room. Without hesitation I pulled the trigger and it hit the target dead on.

Clearly the criminal wasn’t expecting that, however he did congratulate me with a hug. “Good job George.” He said with a smile, lifting his mask to press a kiss to the side of his face. “You have a great aim. I told you so.” I lightly shoved him off before I became a blushing mess, but thanked him nonetheless.

“Don’t thank me. It’s not my fault you are a great shot. You are a natural.” He continued showering me with compliments, even though I had only made one shot. I enjoyed it a lot though. When I trained with Philza and Technoblade I only got a simple ‘good job’ or a simple ‘good work’, and depending on how I trained it might not have even been that.

Suddenly Dream’s phone started vibrating, and I stepped away from him to allow him to answer it. The playful demeanour that the blond had adopted temporarily was instantly gone, as he answered. “Hello.” He greeted blatantly, not saying anything else for a while. However I could tell that a smile was growing on his face.

Eventually the call ended with him saying a ‘thank you Quackity’ before hanging up. “What’s going on?” I asked once I saw him pocket his phone again.
“Quackity told me where Wilbur was.” He answered. “I think I need to pay him a visit. Do you want to come?”
_________________________________________
1303 words.

Happy Birthday Dream and Charlie!

I was going to do another upload for the both of them but decided I couldn't be bothered