Fire on Fire ✔️

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV

"Sin. That's what it was considered. Sinners, that's what they were told. Loving a person of the same gender as you was considered a crime, a sin, something unnatural and should be punished.

But if loving someone unconditionally, without considering anything else, sacrificing yourself for them, and facing society together is considered a sin, they were happy to be called Sinners.

But sometimes, no matter how strong they are, no matter how much they love each other, sometimes it all crumbles and gets burnt down into ashes like a photograph on fire, darling.

1940 was the year when one boy was born; Jeon. Everybody adored the little boy who had a bright bunny smile and grew up to be an absolute gentleman. He was kind and a gentle boy. Leader of the football team when he attended the school, the heartthrob of the school was; the son of the principal in the college. Everybody who knew him had always a handful of compliments rolled up their sleeves about the boy, despite being half Asian and half British, nobody dared to slip a single fault as the faults were something that was never made by the boy.

1942 born the latter, a boy with sparkly doe eyes and a bright boxy smile which made his eyes into two crinkled crescents. In his eyes, he held galaxies and his voice was loved by everyone who knew him. Albeit, he wasn't considered manly by a lot of people but yet again, 'ahh... The only son of Koreans who do that infamous cafe; Chasjan (찻잔 - Teacup), you must be speaking of! He grew up with five older sisters and one younger sister, sure did girls affect him', was told by everyone. Jeon called him 'Kim'.

Anyway, they met each other at the Chasjan cafe for the first time, also where they saw each other last.

They were happy, I swear, angel, they were happy with all the ups and downs. They became friends, then best friends and it did not take them more than a year to know that the bond between them is not merely a friendship but something more.

Wrong! That's how they felt. It's a sin! That's how they were taught. Homosexuality is unnatural, weird, and an illness! Sick are those sinners! Disgusting are them!! Monsters are them! They are mentally ill!! Need to be cured! Need to be fixed!

Those swirling thoughts made the 21-year-old Jeon and 19-year-old Kim distant for a while. A time for you to do nothing but lay on your bed and think. 'Who am I?'

But angel, they didn't have to think anything like that at all. They were humans, humans with pure souls. Not monsters, angels they were. They did not need to be corrected, fixed, or of any sort. They didn't know, that society is not supposed to tell them how to live their lives, who to love, who to treasure, who to call 'mine', who to kiss, and who to make love to.

'Hyung...' The boy took a ragged breath in when in saw the taller boy at the cafe.

'I want to talk to you, Kim.' The elder said without an urgency but his tone held weight.