Symphony Explanation ✔️

'I love you.' the boy whispered,

voice raw from crying alone,

So this is where the poem/prose starts! I wanted to start with 'I love you' not to give off the typical version, where the 'I love you's are shared at the edge of death. I wanted you to see that those words should be uttered with the utmost care and that you need to be conscious enough of what you are saying. Taehyung NEEDED to comprehend what he told. He NEEDED to feel the feelings that will be awakened by an I love you from his lover.

Furthermore, I added alone to show you that Jungkook did not cry in front of Taehyung. He held his guard up, not letting Taehyung feel sad about the fact that Jungkook in fact is hurting. Jungkook wanted Taehyung's inevitable death to be a happy one for Taehyung. He didn't want the boy to worry about him but he wanted to show what love is to Taehyung.

'I love you too.' nevertheless whispered back the latter,

Lying on the bed, holding strong till the line flattens.

Here the first line shows that he cares back, and loves back at Jungkook which is pretty easy to comprehend. 'Holding strong till the line flattens' is the line I highlighted here. The line here is his heartbeat. We are all aware of the heartbeat line that is displayed next to a patient's bed on the screen, forgive me for not knowing the exact wordings. However, here you will get to see that Taehyung is holding strong, just like Jungkook was in the first two lines, he was not going to break down or anything just because he is going to die. He wasn't going to appear weak. He knew that if he breaks down, Kook's fake facade will be broken as well. Why more pain and tears during his last moments?

'Please don't leave me alone.'

the boy chanted in his head, never letting his voice out,

It's not possible, he knew for a fact.

Jungkook is a human after all. Though he held strong, he is not ready to let go of his lover that easily. But who are we kidding when fate has already finished writing the chapters and ended the book? He knew that asking Taehyung such a thing just going to hurt the younger but, goddamnit, he can't help it!! Thus, he ended up chanting the sentence inside his head. He knew the reality too well.

Red eyes, ragged breaths, painful hearts, and renewed scars,

Once perfect with countless promises and no fears,

Here I wanted to highlight the pain that boys are going through. By fears what I meant was 'death'. Maybe the promises were little dreams of theirs, like, building a home, getting a pet, painting the walls in some paint color, decorations or something like mini-dates, honeymoon or the promise that every couple swears; to be with each other forever. But now, they live with fear building up inside their hearts, fearing making promises that won't last. Fearing that something might happen out of the blue because life is so uncertain.