Ch-17: The Journey to the New.

Natalie and Noah strode in, disgust on their face. "Laurel, you are a Vampire!" Natalie said. "And you are one too Agnes?" Noah asked.

Emilia got up and dragged them both a little away and made them sit on the benches. I got up and took Natalie's hands and Emilia took Noah's. Both of us looked into their eyes, reached in their minds and said, "You are going to forget whatever you just saw and heard. They don't...." when both of them jumped up and Noah said, "It doesn't work on us, you vampires. We are your hunters and a prey's little tricks don't work on their predators. I never could've thought you two are Vampires."

"Yes, but why do you hate Vampires?" I asked them.

"As if we would love the kind we hunt. The kind that killed our parents." Natalie said, disgust, hurt and hatred clear on her face.

"To think, we were your friends, I even loved you, Agnes. Why would you pretend to be with me?" Noah asked Agnes, mirroring his sisters expressions. "You knew you will have to leave me and still chose to be with me? Maybe you or your parents even killed ours. What? Are you here to finish the job? Are you both even eighteen?" He shouted at us.

Agnes and I were shocked, not even fathoming what was happening.

"I think there is some misunderstanding here. Maybe calm down and listen to their explanation at least. Please don't make me resort to violence." Emilia said as though it was an order not a plea, while making them sit down on the benches.

"Yes, Nat please let us explain at least. But first please answer a question. What do you mean, your parents were killed by us? I thought you lived with your parents." I said pleading. My head was reeling with thoughts. Natalie and Noah's parents were Vampire Hunters? But I thought the humans agreed to the peace treaty made by King Balthazar, that there were no Vampire Hunters anymore.

"You don't deserve the answers, you filthy creatures. But since we were once friends, I will say it. We both live with my mother's sister and her husband. My parents were Vampire Hunters. Both of their families were renowned Vampire Hunter families, Evans family being the most powerful. After the treaty, we all stopped hunting them and only saved people from the few who would harm humans. But eighteen years ago, the ruling family decided to suddenly make human hunting legal . Due to some reason, they had lesser numbers but after three years, suddenly a lot more vampires started attacking humans, draining them left and right. So the hunter families gathered again to form the Hunter community and start their job again. Ten years ago, Vampires attacked our community. My parents with the elders and hunters went to defend us. One troop, the ones in training, remained and packed up necessary things. They took the old, weak, the ones who don't fight and children out by a secret tunnel. Our aunt and uncle came with us and we all hid in a forest. After three days, the scout came with news that the community was destroyed, the leaders and elders had died fighting. So we all ran, with the promise to build it back again. That is our story." Natalie said.

"You judged us but didn't listen to our story, Nat. I also didn't know my truth until two months ago. Till fifteen years ago, the Hawthorne family was the ruling family, the ones who stopped the wars and signed the peace treaty. This is Emilia, my twin sister.We both are Celestials, the princesses of the Hawthorne family, heiresses of the Vampire World. Agnes, who is also a princess, is our cousin by blood, as she is our father's brother's daughter." I told them our story, everything that have happened till now.

Turns out the Blackridges already planned to rebel. They tried to distract our parents by the killings of humans, so they can usurp the throne. "So, that means you are the nice people, sorry, Vampires? And Blackridges are the ones who ordered the attack on our people?" Noah asked.

"Yes, essentially. Blackridges rebelled against the Hawthornes, killing our parents. So we bear same feelings against them. Please don't hate all Vampires because of one family. We are planning revenge against them. The peace lasted thousands of years because Hawthornes were the progressive. Blackridges are conservatives, an ancient line of pure blooded Vampires, who didn't want Humans and Vampires to peacefully coexist. So please don't hate us. Agnes didn't know she is a Vampire too. She is half Vampire and half human. Her mother is a human. Please don't stop loving her due to being different species." I said, pleading Natalie and Noah.