Ch-6: The Moment of Truth

I jump into the room, rolled and hid behind the bed. I peeked towards the door and saw Mom ushering Agnes in and coming to check on me, i.e. Emilia. My heart felt like I just ran a 10 km marathon. I caught Emilia's eye and signaled her to net let Mom come here, because she will see me then. Emilia blinked and said to Mom, "I am fine Mom. I think Nate's calling you. I want to talk to Agnes about today's homework." "Okay sweetie and I will come back with medicine later." Mom said and left. Wow! She never listened to me like that. My Mom is really fussy about everything, so her agreeing to Emilia (or me, for Mom) is a first.

After she left, I came up to her and asked frowning, "What were you doing for so long downstairs?" "I was talking to Mrs Johnson. She was asking me questions like we were playing 20-questions or something. Anyway, how did you come up here, without any rope?" Yeah, that reminds me, "Hey Emilia, care to explain now that you are hopefully well rested?" I almost snapped, my patience thinning. "Yes, I was going to." She answered. She was going to start, so I said, "Wait!" and moved the beanbags against the door so that if Mom came again, I would go hide in the closet. Agnes and I, then sat on the beanbags. Finally, the moment of truth.

Emilia began, "As you already know, Laurel and I am twins. I am a Vampire. Actually, the princess, Celestial. Laurel is too. Her actual name is Laurelia Irvine Hawthorne and mine is Emilia Adele Hawthorne. We both are the Celestial twins, a special vampire, in our case twins, who are reincarnated every 10000 years. Laurel and I are going through our Transformations, where we both gain our powers and our true forms. It takes from 6 months to a year, depending on the power of the vampire. Since we both are royals and the Celestials, it should take one year according to the Book of Blood. After we finish our Transformations, both of us will be the most powerful vampires and the ruler of all the vampires. With me so far?"

I sat there shocked. I AM A VAMPIRE! WHAT?! How is that possible?

I wanted to know everything all at once so in confusion I blurted out, "But why have you come here?" She replied, "I was to arrive here today to help you through our Transformations. We both have to help each other. But I was attacked once I crossed the Borders. So, I used the mirror dimension to escape here. Anyway, 2 days later, Clara will be coming to help us." I have a lot of questions I plan to ask but one by one. "Mom and Dad are not vampires, are they?" "No, they are not." replied Emilia. "Then who are my real parents? And why am I here, not where I belong?" I asked.

"Your current parents are your guardians. Since we are twins, if we both of us are not killed at the same time, we can't be killed. So, our mother and father, the King and Queen sent you to live here, while I was with them. But that didn't last long. When I was 3, they were killed by the Blackridges, one of the powerful vampire families who are our, Hawthorne family's biggest rivals. They want their family to be the rulers. I was saved by one of the Queen's Guards, who took me out by a secret passage and hid me in the forest near the Borders. Clara found me there. She took me in and raised me. I trained with her. She was like my bossy elder sister. When I turned 15, she revealed who I actually was, where you were and everything that came with being the Celestials, that too twins which has never happened before. When my Transformation began, Clara ordered me to find you so that we can help ourselves in our Transformations and for you to start training. I started my journey here but I was attacked by the Delphis, a sworn enemy of our kind. The rest you know."

I asked her again, "If you are my twin how come I don't remember you at all?" Emilia answered, "Due to the looming threat of the Blackridges' rebellion war, our parents separated us after we were born. That's why, very few people know that this time there were two Celestials not one." Emilia answered. "So, this running faster, having strength and jumping higher than humanely possible is all because of me being a vampire? Today, when we were coming back Lavender-coloured light exploded out of me. That's related to this all too?" I asked.