𝟎𝟎𝟒

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴜᴍʙʀᴇʟʟᴀ'

"Is this necessary?" Inanna asked pointing to Elliott who had been tied a chair with a cloth stuffed in his mouth to stop him from speaking while Lila painted his toe nails

"If you ask again, I will do the same to you" Five said as the tape began rolling, the projector set up behind him.

Five gave Inanna a tight lipped smile as she turned her attention away from Elliott to the screen in front of them, the brightness of the screen lighting up the room.

"Is it on?" An elderly woman asked, appearing on the screen.

"I don't know" A man behind the camera said.

"What do you mean? There's an 'on' button. Just— There's something over— that jigga-ma-thing, whatever".

"I hit the jigga-ma-thing" The man responded.

"Okay, well, just—" The man and woman began arguing over who knew how to work the camera better.

"They're so cute" Lila said as she continued painting Elliott's toes a shade of green, the same colour she had just painted on her finger nails. "I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other".

Inanna glanced to Five, his eyes catching hers for a split second before he looked back to the screen. They were both rather proud of themselves for not killing the other, although it had crossed their minds at least once.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego asked Five.

"Shush" Five said. He didn't know exactly why they were watching the tape, but he knew it was important.

"Yeah, I.. I'm Dan Frankel. And...".

"I'm Edna Frankel" The woman said behind the camera.

"Edna Frankel. We are in Dallas, Texas, to see the president. Today's date is November 22, 1963".

"Shit" Inanna mumbled, she leaned back in her chair, understanding why Elliott thought they were the 'enemy of the people'. They had a film from the day JFK died.

"Well, that's six days from now" Lila said as Elliott wiggled in the chair, freaked out by the tape.

"Holy shit. This is it. The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot" Diego said leaning forwards on the counter he sat on top of, his arms wrapped around his legs which were pulled up to his chest "How do you have this?" Diego asked Five.

"Hazel died to get me this footage. It must be the key to stopping doomsday" Five said.

"Hazel?" Diego asked.

"Long story" Five said.

"What's doomsday?" Lila asked looking up at Five who stood next to her.

"Longer story" Five replied.