𝟎𝟑𝟑

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ʟᴀᴍʙ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʀᴜɪᴛ ꜱᴋᴇᴡᴇʀꜱ'

"This is officially worse than the apocalypse" Five said, tearing his eyes away from Luther and Sloane as they had their first dance

"Oh, stop complaining" Inanna leaned her head against Five's shoulder, rubbing her thumb over the Umbrella tattoo on his wrist which was hidden under his suit. "You owe me a dance" Inanna mumbled flicking her eyes up to Five briefly.

"Since when?" Five asked.

"Since 1963, you promised me a dance if I attended the Gala with you" Inanna responded.

Five gave Inanna a short nod, recalling that he had in fact promised her a dance which they had missed out on thanks to the Swedes and Reginald Hargreeves.

"Can we at least go to the buffet first?" Five glanced towards the long table over food behind them.

Inanna shook her head as she spun on her heel to stand in front of him. "And let you keep all your toes intact for a little longer?" Inanna scrunched her nose up as Five tilted his head back slightly to avoid her gaze.

Inanna stepped closer to Five, placing both her hands on his face as his arm dropped to his side. Inanna grasped Five's face, tilting his head down to force him to look at her.

"Just one dance" Inanna's gentle blue eyes, which Five had loved since the day he had met her, stared into his green ones, causing his expression to soften. "And then you can do whatever you want" Inanna bargained. "Yeah? One dance for the price of-".

"Yes" Five struggled to nod with Inanna holding his head in place, but as he agreed to the dance her grip loosened and her hands fell to his shoulders.

Inanna hooked her arms around Five's neck, and pecked his lips twice as she mumbled "This is why I married you", causing a smile to spread across his lips.

Five caught Inanna's hand when she dropped them to his chest and he stepped to Inanna's side as he spun her around so she was facing the dance floor again. Five looped his arm around hers as he lead her to the dance floor.

"They are disgustingly cute when they want to be" Lila said leaning into Diego who had his arm over her shoulders.

"You wanna join them?" Diego asked nodding his head over to the dance floor.

Lila led Diego to the dance floor and Klaus followed after while Delaney dragged Anna along with her, the latter appearing more hesitant than she actually was.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" Five pulled Inanna into his chest as she laughed quietly at Klaus who was dancing alone with no care of how crazy he looked with his arms raised above his head.

"You can tell me again" Inanna caught Five's free hand, placing it on her waist as she tore her attention away from Klaus.

Five dropped his head closer to hers. "You are very beautiful" Five whispered.