𝟎𝟑𝟔

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʟᴜᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ'

While Five went to raid the kitchen, Inanna slipped out of their hotel room to look for Reginald Hargreeves

While Five went to raid the kitchen, Inanna slipped out of their hotel room to look for Reginald Hargreeves. She knew that she didn't owe him anything but she wanted someone to know why she had chosen to stay and he was the only person who knew that she was on the fence with her decision — as he had been the one to scramble her thoughts.

Inanna checked the courtyard first as that's where Reginald had said he would be if anyone needed him but when he wasn't there, Inanna headed to the White Buffalo Suite.

The door to the suite was cracked open, Inanna could only assume he had done it deliberately so when his children passed his room they could see the upset they had left him in by voting to stay.

Inanna knocked on the door once, announcing her presence, before pushing it open. Reginald stood up from his white couch and Inanna walked into the horribly decorated pink room, with her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"This is worse than my room. Instant headache" Inanna muttered under her breath.

"Shouldn't you be spending time with your husband?" Reginald asked.

"He's raiding the fridge" Inanna pointed over her shoulder as she walked over to the Buffalo head that hung on the wall.

Reginald nodded. "I understand why you took the easy way out, Inanna" Inanna turned to Reginald as he spoke. "I can't even begin to understand the physical pain you endured on a daily basis before you were gifted with powers like my daughter".

"You know about my powers?" Inanna's brows furrowed. She didn't want to talk about her phasing, not when she no longer had to tolerate the tearing of her cells with every breath.

Reginald nodded. "Klaus told me this morning. Magnificent. I always knew it would happen eventually. I spent years trying to understand how it is that a girl not born on the same day as my children could possess such power. It rattled my brain for years, even after I adopted Anna, I couldn't understand. I still do not" Reginald took a step towards Inanna. "If only we had the time and the resources, I could run some tests, we could find what makes your DNA different from the average human, to the DNA of my child-".

"I'm not being a hamster for you to poke and prod" Inanna shook her head as she stepped around Reginald. "I have been many things in my life, a daughter, an orphan, a wife, an assassin, a waitress-" Inanna listed them off on her fingers, forgetting the ones she didn't seem as important. "I'm not being your test subject".

"Well, it's fortunate that the vote went in your favour then, isn't it" Reginald gave Inanna a small smile which she didn't return.

Inanna shook her head as she sat down on the opposite couch to the one Reginald had been previously sat on. "I wasn't set on my decision until the words left my mouth and even if I had chosen to go, Five would have stayed, it would have been a draw and then what a coin toss to decide the future?" Inanna asked.