𝟎𝟎𝟗

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏ'

"This is the strangest conversation we've ever had, I hope you know that" Inanna started

"This is the strangest conversation we've ever had, I hope you know that" Inanna started. Five nodded, looking up at Inanna from where he sat on the edge of the bed. "All i've gathered is that when you went back to 2019 to save your family you found a mannequin and named it Inanna?" Inanna's brows furrowed as she uncrossed her arms.

Five didn't say anything, only nodded. Inanna tilted her head back looking up at the ceiling, all she wanted was to understand why, she didn't care that Five carried around a mannequin which he had name 'Inanna' — although she did find it rather strange.

"Why?" Inanna's voice was just above a whisper.

Five lowered his head, his gaze falling to Inanna's shoes. Hiding his already glossy eyes from Inanna's view as she looked back at him, waiting for an answer. "You know after I lost you, I didn't know what to do with myself. You had been the one constant in my life and I..." Five lifted his head, strands of his hair falling over his face, growing quickly uncomfortable as he clenched and unclenched his hands.

Five had always found it easy to express his emotions to Inanna, even when they had just met and Inanna claimed to hate him (she did hate him, for a while anyways, and even when she slowly began to like him — realising he wasn't the worst person to be alone with — she still strongly hated him), but he had never told anyone about the years that Inanna was presumed dead.

"I started throwing myself into missions-" Five continued "and I think a part of me wished that I wouldn't make it back either... or that-" Five shook his head, closing his eyes momentarily, forcing back his thoughts. "When I went back to 2019, I had no idea how to stop the apocalypse... but the second night I found-" Five sighed. "It didn't look like you-" 'Of course it didn't' Five thought, mentally scolding himself for even saying that. "-but it wore the same shirt you had wore the same day I met you-" Five stopped speaking, swallowing harshly "I sound pathetic, it's-".

Inanna stepped towards Five, her hands grasping his face lightly "Hey" Inanna's voice was soft, and Five looked up at her, his teary green eyes meeting with her gentle blue ones.

"I-".

Inanna scrambled for the words but no sentence formed. She wanted to tell Five that she understood. She wanted to tell him that she had drank coffee as a coping mechanism during the six years, but she couldn't.

"I-" Five set his hand on the back on Inanna's thigh, his eyes never leaving hers which were clouded with irritation — directed at herself for being unable to respond. "Five-".

Five stood up suddenly, his hand moving to her lower back, pulling her body into his as he pushed his lips against hers without warning. The kiss was soft and rushed, leaving Inanna wanting more as he pulled away, ready to finish the conversation that had been started, but all Inanna's thoughts had been completely dissolved by Five's touch.