𝟎𝟐𝟔

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ'

"For someone so concerned with how much little time they have left until the world collapses in on itself" Inanna glanced to Five as she buttoned up her— his — white shirt again, watching Five as he straightened up his tie "You somehow found enoug...

"For someone so concerned with how much little time they have left until the world collapses in on itself" Inanna glanced to Five as she buttoned up her— his — white shirt again, watching Five as he straightened up his tie "You somehow found enough time to take my clothes off".

Five scoffed with a shake of his head, unable to hide his smirk. "Don't switch it onto me. You're just as much to blame for what just happened".

"Oh, really?" Inanna raised her brow.

Five nodded. "If you don't believe me, I'm sure the hotel has security footage in the elevator" Five said, raising his brow to copy Inanna.

A smirk which mirrored Five's appeared on Inanna's lips as she turned away from Five and walked towards the door, ready to ask for the security footage so she could play it to Five to prove him wrong.

Five blinked in front of Inanna acting as a barrier to the door and Inanna crossed her arms over her chest.

"Please move" Inanna tilted her head.

Five pressed his back against the door, insisting that he wasn't going to move. "As much as I would love for you to prove me wrong-" Five brushed Inanna's hair out of her face. "I didn't bring you up here to just have a moment alone with you".

"Well I'd hope not" Inanna tucked Five's tie underneath his shirt collar. "But-" Five dropped his hand, placing it on Inanna's waist once she was done brushing up his suit and blinked the both of them into the middle of their hotel room.

Inanna stepped back from Five as Five caught her hand and she sat on the edge of her bed while Five brushed his thumb over her knuckles "I hate that you can do that" Inanna muttered.

Five let go of Inanna's hand, tucking his hands into his pockets. "We need to talk". Inanna's brows furrowed as Five continued. "I know i've been avoiding things, and if it was the other way around, I know you would have told me. I don't know where to start but-".

Inanna knew exactly where to start. Inanna stood up, not wanting to be looking up at Five while they spoke. "Why didn't you tell me when you figured it out?" Inanna asked Five, wanting to know why Five hadn't told her that he was the reason she had ended up in the apocalypse all those years before.

Five turned to Inanna as she stepped next to him, knowing what she was asking. "I didn't figure it out straight away. I had never travelled with anyone before, I didn't even know it was possible. I thought you had somehow survived the end of the world but I had a nightmare that night when you left the home that we had stayed in and-".

"And I was in your nightmare?" Five nodded.

"I think it was my subconscious trying to tell me that the only way you could have survived was if I had jumped with you, and then when we got to the Commission, I-" Five closed his eyes for a brief second, knowing that Inanna wouldn't like the next words that left his mouth "I watched the footage that they had saved of us and-".