𝟎𝟑𝟏

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ'

The plan to save the universe hadn't worked, instead it had sped up the end of it

The plan to save the universe hadn't worked, instead it had sped up the end of it. Inanna hadn't been at the academy to witness it collapse but she had been knocked off her feet by a Kugel wave as it swept through the city starting back up with its the destruction, and until Five returned to the hotel with the others, hoping that Inanna would be there, Inanna didn't know the true extent of the damage that had been caused — Not only had they barely made it out alive, they had lost Fei and Christopher to the Kugelblitz and if it wasn't for Five risking his life, Ben and Anna would have been killed too.

"I thought I told you not to have too much fun without Five" Lila said, watching Inanna as she struggled to place a bandaid over the gash on her forehead while Delaney held up a compact mirror in front of her.

"Oh yes, smashing my head on the corner of the bar is my idea of fun" Inanna looked up at Lila as Delaney pulled back her hair to stop it from getting stuck to the bandaid. "Next time you should join me".

"Wouldn't you enjoy that" Lila smiled as Inanna nodded.

Once the bandaid was secured over the cut, Delaney let go of Inanna's hair, covering the bandaid with her red strands that fell in front of her face.

Inanna balled up the left over rubbish from the bandaid and shoved it into her pocket as she looked over at Five who had his back turned away from the others.

Five was thinking, his unsettling lack of voice told Inanna that much, but Inanna didn't know if he was trying to form a new plan to save the universe or if he was accepting that it was over.

"So, how is it that we're still here-" Allison spoke up and Inanna shifted her gaze over to Five's sister who was lent against one of the pillars next to him. "-but the whole of the universe is going down the cosmic shitter?" Allison asked.

"Maybe we're just the last to get flushed" Viktor suggested.

"Wasn't talking to you" Allison crossed her arms over her chest as she looked away from Viktor.

"Hey, has anyone seen Klaus?" Luther asked.

"Or Dad?" Sloane asked, trying to recall when she had last seen their father.

Inanna shrugged leaning back against the couch she sat on with Delaney and Anna, she hadn't seen either of them in the time she had been at the hotel by herself.

"They'll be here" Diego said.

"Really?" Ben asked. "Did they... hit traffic?" Ben asked. "Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right?" Ben looked around at the others. "We're the only ones who can save the universe".

"What's the point in saving the universe if there isn't a single soul left to save?" Inanna asked, raising her brow as Ben turned towards her.

Anna nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. "For once, I agree with her. What exactly is there left to fight for? Shouldn't we just be spending our last hours with the people we love?" Anna asked.