𝟎𝟑𝟎

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴇ'

Fei and Ben led the others down to the basement and they stopped in front of an orange glowing ball of light that lit up the entire floor

"Beautiful, isn't it" Fei said said as the others followed her to the Kugelblitz.

Anna and Delaney kept their distance from the Kugelblitz, afraid that they'd get pulled into it like Marcus had been.

"Oh, wow" Diego's voice echoed quietly as he stared at the Kugelblitz in amazement.

Lila stopped in front of the Kugelblitz, her eyes studying it. "That's what took Stanley" Lila stated, pointing her finger at the light in front of her.

Lila's eyes widened the second the words left her mouth and her eyes met with Five's, realising the mistake she had made.

"What?" Inanna repeated what Lila had said in her head, knowing that she had heard her correctly. Lila had lied and Five hadn't said anything, knowing that their argument had begun with lies. "Stanley's dead?" Inanna asked.

Lila nodded as Inanna looked between her and Five. "Listen, Inanna" Lila started "You were pretty fucked up when we got here, slightly less now, I didn't want you to go-".

"Stop talking" Inanna held her hand up at Lila and turned her gaze back to the Kugelblitz. Lila looked over her shoulder to Diego as she bit her lip, realising the mistake she had made, even if she believed she was doing the right thing at first.

"Inan" Five took a step towards her, preparing to be shut down the second he spoke her name, but the only response he was given was Inanna walking around the Kugelblitz to put distance between herself and him. "Inanna, can we-".

"No, you can't" Anna cut Five off, shaking her head as she walked closer to the Kugelblitz with Delaney behind her. They didn't have time for whatever Five wanted to say and Anna didn't want to hear it either.

Five averted his gaze from Inanna, getting back to the task at hand — the Kugelblitz — which was more important in that moment. He needed to be alive if he planned on fixing things.

"This things gonna take the whole damn universe" Five stated. "What is it made of?" Five asked.

"Micro black holes collapsing at increasingly short intervals" Sloane answered.

"Why aren't we getting sucked inside?" Five asked.

"Honestly, we don't know" Sloane said looking from Five to the Kugelblitz in front of her. "You shouldn't exist here, and neither should this".

"An impossibility for an impossibility" Five clicked his tongue. "The universe is a sucker for balance".

"Grace had been tracking the waves. Next one is due in three hours" Fei told them, which gave them a count down of three hours to get rid of the Kugelblitz before they lost someone else.