Slimy situation

It was a life or death situation, even the slightest incorrect movement would result in catastrophic failure, an event that Y/N desperate wanted to avoid. Taking a deep breath in the hope of quelling his inner tension, he finally released the pressure he was exuding on the handheld device and observed the result of his actions.

Moments passed and all he was greeted with was the smiling faces of the villains he had tried so desperately to defeat, he had failed, in the sorrow of defeat Y/N decided to release his inner feelings.

Y/N: "fffffffffff-" his release of frustration was interrupted by stern voice

???: "Hey I've got a kid here, can you not?"

His attention finally taken off of his own situation, focussing on where the voice had come from, his eyes met with the disappointed gaze of man who was covering the ears of what Y/N assumed to be his child. Figuring the man was only try to preserve their child's innocence and being a father himself, Y/N decided to quickly attempt rectify his mistake.

Y/N: "-fffffrick?" He finished with raised shoulders and an unsure tone as he awaited approval for his 'correction'

Releasing a reluctant sigh in acceptance, the parent removed their hands from their child's ears and returned to their own business, while keeping an eye on the hero to see if he would have any other slip ups. Seeing he avoided a potential altercation, Y/N felt the tension leave his body and instead switched to wallowing in his misery, the misery of his previous failure.

He glanced back at the previously mentioned handheld device; the device in question being his phone, and immediately felt his mood further plummet at the sight, the accursed swines were still smiling. Having enough at the saddening sight he decided to close the 'Aggravated Avians' app and check the time, it wasn't long now till the train he was on came to his desired stop.

Having nothing to do at the moment he decided to check on something that had been bothering him for a while now, someone had been staring at him. A quick glance around the carriage and he quickly found the culprit, it was the same child of the parent that reprimanded him for his language, the child in question was just eyeballing him with blank eyes. Out of all the gazes he's had aimed at him; from an angry wife to villains trying to literally kill him, for some reason this unknown child freaked him out more than any other.

Squirming in his seat in discomfort, Y/N looked at the child hoping to find something to appease their soul judging stare, said glance quickly proved fruitful at the sight of what the child held. Within the child's small hands was a comic book, whilst Y/N couldn't see the contents of the comic he could see the cover and on the cover was none other than himself in his hero attire. The hero never really paid attention to his merchandise or popularity, he kinda just signed off on any bit of paper he got which could be summarised to say "You sign this paper and do no other work and we'll give you some of the money we make on this".

Back to the child before him, said child seemed to of notice he had the hero's attention and made a gesture from the what they held to the hero trying to confirm if they were indeed the same person. After receiving a few quick nods the child's stoic face switched to one of embarrassment, their eyes suddenly found the floor very interesting and then weakly muttered out.

Child: "C-c-can you sign it?" On the noise polluted train the child's voice could hardly be heard but despite that Y/N's trained ears were to pick it up

In response Y/N merely extended his hand in acceptance of the request, which seemed to fluster the child more as they reached to place it in the hero's gloved hand. Having received the comic Y/N went to his belt to grab one of his versatile tools which was next to his shark repellent, a pen; having been used in a variety situation such as for the occasional fan meeting like this, emergency paperwork and his personal favourite being discovering one of his family members asleep, that last one had resulted in him sleeping on the couch a few times.