Consequences

The L/N family had gotten themselves comfortable for the next few hours of entertainment, they'd stayed home this year in favour of watching it in person, it wasn't that it'd be particularly hard for them to get in, UA themselves were offering discounts to the families of heroes who'd assist in guarding the festival due to the recent USJ attack. The reason in particular they decided to stay home was if Y/N did take the deal, he'd be stuck on guard duty and wouldn't have time to be with his family, another was that the food would be overpriced as hell so why go there when they can eat at home with the food they already bought?

By Y/N's standards this year's UA sports festival was better than the last two considering he didn't have to cover his kids' eyes because a student got naked, he remembers the blonde who's been in the previous two sports festivals so he'd banned his kids from watching the third years this time due to the nudist. The ones they did watch they enjoyed, the first years had a few stand out characters among them such as Endeavour's son and a kid with an explosive quirk, Kazuha preferred the red and white haired teen and made an accidental pun that Tomoko pointed out when he said he was "pretty cool" and Kotori just liked "boom boy" because she liked to laugh at him when he got mad, with her favourite moment being when the second round finished he'd gone face first into the ground in a fit of rage.

During the final round for the first years Kazuha had decided to try make things more interesting by betting his snacks on who'd win, the only members of the family who didn't compete in the wager were Y/N and Yuji the former as he wasn't willing to risk his snacks and the latter because well he was a baby, what were you expecting? Tomoko and Kazuha placed their bets on the candy cane themed boy, whilst Kotori for once differed from her mother by picking the red eyed blonde bomber, eventually this left the 4 year old with too much food so she just ended up giving it back anyway.

Eventually when the festival had ended, the children plus baby had all left to enjoy some fresh air and try using their quirks, having been inspired by the sports festival to get stronger with them, this left the parents to clean the mess made by the family gathering. Currently Tomoko was vacuuming up the crumbs littering the floor while Y/N was storing any leftovers so they wouldn't go to waste, hearing a sound Mrs L/N stopped cleaning to see where it originated to discover it was her husband's phone going off. What was off though was it sounded like a normal ringtone, while this would be the norm for others Y/N always had the most obscure ringtones for all of his personal contacts, emphasis on 'personal' meaning this was a hero related call.

Over with Y/N who was in the kitchen storing any leftovers whilst humming a tune, he was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his name being called by his wife, when he got to her she was holding his phone which was ringing, not in one of the unique ringtones he sets so he knew this was serious. Checking the name of the caller it was 'Kenji Tsuragamae', this was concerning considering this was the Hosu chief of police calling him at home, even though he knew he was taking time off today. It was Tsuragamae who'd asked Inquisitive to patrol Hosu due to the recent issue of the Hero Killer, and the chief knew he wasn't working today as the hero had personally recommend Ingenium to him while he was busy today, just for today as well so he could be with his family, it was just meant to be one day...

Y/N was stuck staring at his phone as multiple thoughts swirled in his head, so many you'd think he'd used his quirk on himself, eventually brought out of it by the sound of the phone in his hand, he decided it'd be better to stop worrying about it and just hear whatever it is.

Y/N: "Tsuragamae, what's the situation?" When conversing he'd subconsciously switched to speaking in the same tone of voice he does when at work, knowing this must be serious

Tsuragamae: "Ingenuim recently encountered the Hero Killer..." the chief of police had worked with Inquisitive before and knew what he was like as a hero, so when calling he'd expected him to cut straight to the chase, so he would too...