Pain

Chaos

Anarchy

Pandemonium

Other words with similar meanings

That was the only way to describe the current situation

When Best Jeanist used his quirk to take the other heroes away from danger he wasn't really concerned about them landing and more just escaping the villain, so when Y/N was launched clinging to Tomoko with his life, he landed on his back skidding across the ground before shifting into a roll, making sure to shelter Tomoko's unresponsive body but by the time he had recovered from the tugging manoeuvre the villain's widespread attack had caught up to them, with no where to run Y/N just shielded his wife with his own body and prayed for her safety. Now being a significantly further away from the villain than before the attack only served to press Y/N's elbows and knees into the ground, which rested either side of Tomoko as she lay in a vegetative state beneath him.

Seconds after the initial attack had taken place Y/N was still feeling it's effects, he was barely staying on his knees after the extreme force was exerted on his spine, now feeling countless rocks being pelted against his back from the explosion's aftermath. With what felt like an eternity later he let out a sigh of relief when the weight on his back stopped increasing, knowing at least for the moment they were fine, but Y/N had to remind himself they weren't out of the woods yet, not by a long shot.

Right now he was between a rock and a hard place; judging by how he wasn't instantly flattened he deduced that there wasn't anything too heavy on him, so testing his luck he attempted to push himself further from the ground whilst being met with little resistance, after a good few attempts at standing he found that there was something preventing him from going any further. In a normal situation he would just move himself to a better location to move however with his wife beneath him there was little he could do except brute force his way upwards and hope his raw strength is enough.

Minutes passed...

He had recently stopped trying to push the debris off of him since his efforts weren't yielding any results and the weight bearing down on him was starting to do a number on his back, so out of fear of running out of strength he restored to just holding his ground and waiting for assistance, currently none of the other heroes were responding to him on their shared radio frequency and only Jeanist had the one which connected to the detective leading the other team, help wasn't guaranteed right now.

Not so long ago Y/N had began to feel the makeshift prison that held him and his wife begin to shake, from what could assumed to be a fight had begun somewhere nearby, so to distract himself from the dire predicament he was in the hero tried focus on the sounds of fighting...

Who was fighting?

Only that villain from before was up there a few minutes although there was information about a villain with a warping quirk so really any of them could be up there, would any of the heroes up there help them in time?

Not the right thoughts to think

Moments later one of the attacks from outside landed dangerously close to their location, as a result dust from above began raining down on them as fragments of rock were poring down along his body, rolling off of him before clattering against the ground near Tomoko. This drew Y/N's attention to the woman under him, all that he knew about her current state was that she was physically alive, his thoughts didn't dare venture any further knowing the pessimistic theories his mind would brainstorm in a situation like this.

Although the latest shockwave seemed to decrease the weight bearing down on him, so taking the opportunity Y/N used another burst of strength to finally free himself, whatever hit near him had seemingly cleared what was burying them as while using much less effort than before Y/N was easily able to shoot up and gaze upon the night sky. Although that relief of freedom was immediately negated when he saw the environment surrounding him, what was once an urban environment was reduced to a destroyed landscape as far as the eye could see.