The Inquisitive Inquisitor

This was proving to be more trouble than it was worth

Right now Y/N in civilian attire was sat in a chair in plain beige room facing a table, on the table was ancient phone, at least by his standards. It lacked many of the features modern ones did as such it was less vulnerable hacking since it wasn't connected to any external networks, perfect for two people to have a secure phone call.

His normal relaxed posture was no where to be seen instead it was replaced by an anxious one, foot tapping rapidly against the ground, any slight sounds made would have his hair stand on ends while his breaths grew heavy from the growing tenseness he was feeling. His eyes solely focused on the pre-quirk era relic sat on the table while both anticipation and fear circulated his body.

He was here today under the heavy watch of the HPSC as per the terms of their previous agreement, currently waiting for the phone to ring as the line was being secured. Behind the scenes a control room observed both people at either end of the phone, monitoring their every move whilst prepared to intervene should it be needed.

Whilst Y/N wasn't fully aware of the reasons for the delay he made a few correct assumptions, the person he was about to talk to held sensitive information that the commission would do anything to keep from leaking, after all she previously worked for them herself.

In the observation room the blonde president of the HPSC watched the various monitors that had different angles of two separate people, a casual dressed H/C haired male in his early thirties nervously sat in a chair, the other being a woman with dark blue littered with pink stripes in orange jumpsuit.

Contrary to Y/N's spacious room being roughly the same size as the woman's, her room was more crowded but not by furniture instead it was people, eight heavily armoured guards had their assault rifles trained on the woman's figure ready to fire if she even dared to breathe too fast. Despite the threat to her life she remained motionless facing down towards the floor, hands resting on her elbows with handcuffs retraining her by her wrists.

The woman in charge of the HPSC gave a silent nod to an employee to her left who in response typed a few lines on their keyboard, one of the guards watching the woman held his middle and index fingers to his ear then seconds later due to his balaclava giving a muffled reply.

Whatever would be said between these two was being delayed by the HPSC making sure no sensitive information was said, if all was well then they'd allow the voice to carry across to the other participant of the call. However should that not be the case and either of them get any smart ideas communications would immediately cease and the woman would be escorted out of the room by her watchmen, of course prior to this they were given permission to use live ammunition should she get out of hand.

With all countermeasures in place a green light was given and simultaneously both phones began to ring, Y/N had placed his on speaker not trusting his sweaty hands to hold on to it while one of the armed men in the woman's room went ahead and answered it for her, never once dropping his guard.

What followed was a moment of silence neither finding it in them to speak, Y/N's mouth opened and closed repeatedly since despite rehearsing what he might say the words now were lost to him, the dual coloured haired female on the other hand just lifted her head up from the floor, purple eyes dully glancing upwards as she decided to speak first.

???: "Y/N" her voice was dry and hoarse meaning she hadn't spoken much recently

Y/N: "Kaina" his reply was similar to her own cold greeting, however his leaked emotion that betrayed his emotionless facade

The two despite not speaking for so long had rather casually greeted one another as if this was another day they would speak to each other, however the circumstances around them were not the same