Staring death in the face

Forty students in total

Fifteen were unconscious and in serious condition due to the gas

Eleven were injured

Thirteen were unharmed, physically at least

And one was missing

Call him a bad hero all you want but to Y/N L/N only the next figures mattered to him

One hero was heavily injured, a close friend of his Ryuko Tsuchikawa

And one hero was missing and from the looks of things lost a lot of blood, his wife Tomoko L/N

He didn't feel nothing towards the students who had suffered, but any pity he felt towards them was dwarfed by his concern for the two he was most familiar, Ryuko was in stable condition and wasn't in any danger anymore, but that didn't didn't stop him from worrying about her. Despite the fact the two of them appeared to be nothing more friends of friends to each other, with Tomoko being the only thing connecting the two, they knew at the end of the day it was all just fun and games between them and they'd still be friends by the end of it.

In regards to Tomoko's situation however Y/N had trouble just sleeping with his thoughts constantly being polluted by countless what ifs, over the course of his career he had run in to all sorts of villains, from petty thieves to criminals so vile it could make the most hardened of veterans sick to their stomach, that knowledge only served to exacerbate his concerns. His paranoia had worsened his sense of self preservation to the point of ignoring the advice of trained medical professionals in favour of wanting to be there to ensure Tomoko was rescued, not that he doubted the capabilities of his fellow heroes (he knew there were many more who even more capable than himself), he wouldn't of felt comfortable sitting out on this and as such leapt at the opportunity to get involved.

Currently Y/N was in his hospital room and had finished donning his hero costume in preparation for the coming mission, he'd requested Yawara to retrieve it for him so they could leave ASAP, Tiger was the only Wild Wild Pussycats member who was available with two members being unavailable and Shino staying behind to look after Kota and the L/N children. Y/N had talked to his kids over the phone earlier, during the call he lied through his teeth telling his kids that he was fine and that their mother was just unconscious rather than missing, his reasoning behind this was to not worry them anymore than they already were, he'd been told they cried for hours just hearing he was in hospital, so he dreaded a scenario in which he was honest about Tomoko's unknown condition.

Exiting the room his appearance drew the eyes of Yawara who had waited outside his room leaning against the fall with his arms crossed, the two men soon made eye contact and wordlessly communicated with each other through an almost synchronised nod to the other, the pair proceeded to make there way through busy halls of the hospital, as this hospital Y/N had been treated at was the same one that the UA students were taken to so it was packed with concerned families and friends. Despite his desire to leave immediately Y/N knew he at least had to make one stop before doing so, so clearing his throat he prepared to get the taller man's attention.

Y/N: "Yawara" his voice in it's modified state was clearly heard through the congested hallway

Hearing his name called the man in question turned to face his friend, and looked to where his eyes would be behind his helmet to signify that he was indeed listening

Y/N: "Go on ahead without me, I want to properly thank the student that saved Kota and Kotori" it was the least he could do after all

Tiger hearing this grunted out a nod before turning around only to stop halfway as a look of realisation dawned on his face, he followed by reaching into his back pocket then turned back around to face Y/N who was currently walking away