Thoughts to the thoughtless

Well this was pretty awkward

Currently Tenya Iida, who now has the alias of Tenya for his hero name, stood before Y/N L/N, the hero Inquisitive who'd offered him an internship in Hosu, the same place Tenya's brother Tensei was severely injured by the Hero Killer. Due to the reason for why Tensei was in Hosu, Tenya considered Inquisitive partly to blame for his condition and as such didn't really have much respect for the hero and was instead focused on his revenge on the Hero Killer. Y/N was completely aware of Tenya's goal for being here, in fact that's the whole reason Y/N requested him was if he didn't the younger Iida would just join another agency in Hosu, at least this way he can look out for him.

Looking at one another in their hero costumes they both had thoughts regarding their appearance, Tenya while he didn't respect the man in front of him he certainly feared him, despite his fairly high ranking among heroes in general, on a recent survey for heroes who like villains, Inquisitive ranked fourth just below Gang Orca despite only being ranked twenty eighth in the entire country. For Y/N he was slightly confused about one thing when seeing Tenya, back in the hospital he had overheard Tensei ask his brother to take the name Ingenuim, so when he requested for Tenya Iida he was surprised to see his chosen hero name was Tenya, that made Y/N think that perhaps Tenya wasn't a fan of the family legacy but now seeing how his costume resembled his brother's he was left with only questions.

Regardless Y/N decided he should deal with the most important topic for this internship first

Y/N: "Tenya Iida, hero name Tenya, you have accepted my internship offer it seems" stating the obvious through a voice modifier gazing where Tenya's eyes should be behind his helmet

Hearing this Tenya's posture resembled that of a soldier addressing a superior, only as a formality though, he wouldn't sully the name of UA and the Iida family by being disrespectful. Before Y/N left the hospital he was sure to ask Tensei what kind of person his brother was, who in the politest of phrasing basically said he had a stick up his ass, so now knowing this Y/N decided when talking to Tenya he'd cut straight to the point.

Tenya: "Indeed I have sir" while his tone kept it's usual seriousness, it was more reserved than how he'd talk to those he respected such as those on the UA staff, this man didn't deserve respect after all

Y/N: "You're here for the Hero Killer aren't you?" Yep, straight to the point

Tenya: "..." while he was sure he might be asked such a question, he didn't expect it so bluntly

The pro hero accepted his silence as confirmation and sighed while shaking his head, causing Tenya to get tense, if the hero already knew this he could just send him back to UA now due to knowing his ulterior motives

Y/N: "I'm most likely the highest ranking pro in Hosu, so you thought you'd have a higher chance of running into him if you came to me" he wasn't pulling any punches

Tenya now remembered something, while never confirmed it theorised this hero had a mind reading quirk, he cursed himself for overlooking such an obvious issue, now he was worried Inqusitive knew he planned to sabotage his career while he was here. Truthfully Y/N had deduced this all by himself, he wasn't a genius but he was one of the sharper tools in the shed (though he had his dull moments), although he didn't yet know the last part of Tenya's thoughts.

Y/N: "You'd probably still come to Hosu regardless of if I requested you as an intern, just as part of a different agency. Even if you'd picked a different agency I would of shadowed as per my promise to your brother, I'm sure with your performance in the sports festival you'd have plenty of options" unknowingly to Y/N his way of speaking seriously came off as intimidating