Carnival Part 1

I slumped down in nick's car still feeling the effects of my fight with Ben this morning. I can't help but feel guilty. Nick doesn't even like boys. Am I really going to throw away my entire relationship for a guy who would probably stop taking to me when he finds out I have a crush on him? Nick throws his backpack in the truck and slips into the car. "Ready for the carnival?" He beams. "Oh shit I totally forgot with everything thing going on." I panicked. "I didn't bring a change of clothes and I haven't actually showers since Ben kicked me out this morning.." I sighed. Nick sat silent for a few minutes. "You could come round mine and shower if you want?" He cheeks turned my favorite apple red. Was Nick blushing at the idea of me showing at his place? "I mean my clothes will probably be too big but you can still borrow them if you want." He looks down twiddling his thumbs. I reach over and grab his hand chuckling. "I appreciate that Nick thank you." I smiled. I held his hand for a second to long and pulled it back. "Let's go don't wanna be late." I stumbled. This crush with nick is really getting out of hand.

I walk out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. I look around trying to find anything to cover my chest, but to my luck nothing was around. I crack the door open and peak my head out. Nick jumps up and grabs the clothes he's picked out on his dresser. "Here" he blushes. Our eyes meet and the clothes slip through my hands. We both bend down reaching for them. Our hands touch and I look up locking eyes with him. My cheeks heat up as our noses touch. I quickly look down reaching for the clothes as I feel Nicks hand brush against my cheek. I look up to see his eyes glistening with an emotion I can't decipher. Could Nick actually like me? A million thoughts are racing through my head. Nick snaps me out of my thoughts. "You uh had a piece of hair on your cheek." He quickly stands up and walks back to the bed. "Let me know if those work" he coughs. "Oh course" I thought. I shut the door sliding his blue sweat shirt on. It was the one he was wearing earlier and I pull the sleeves down and raise them to my nose. It smells like him. I smile to myself and look at the mirror. I giggle. I can't believe I'm wearing Nick's clothes. I wish Ben would let me wear his but he's always worried someone would recognize them. I step out of the bathroom and Nick stands up looking stunned. "It's so big on you" he chuckled. He walked towards me and put his arms around me in a hug. "I'm so sorry Ben is treating you like this. I never would". I was too stunned to hug him back. I just stood there not knowing what to say. What could he mean by saying he wouldn't treat me like this. He can't possibly know Ben and I are dating.. Nick stepped back giving me a shy smile. "Ready to go" "uh yeah let's go" he grabbed my hand leading my out of the room. As we walked past the kitchen a girl calls out to nick "Nick, where are you going?" "Charlie and I are going to the carnival" he responded. She came running out of the kitchen almost tackling me. "CHARLIE" "so your the one who has nick.." "Char this is Darcy". He introduced me. "Ah I've heard so much about you" I put my hand out and Darcy grabbed it pulling me into a hug. "Thank you, Nick has been so happy since he met you" she whispered in my ear. I pulled back wanting to ask more but Nick interjected. "Here" he handed me the keys. "Why don't you get the heater on. I'll be right there." He smiled down at me. I walked to the car confused. What did Darcy mean.

"Darcy, he doesn't know I like him, he doesn't even know I like boys" he sighed "sorry sorry, I'm just glad you finally brought him around." "Was that who was in your shower. OMG DID YOU GUYS SHOWER". I rolled my eyes and walked out the door. I am not finishing this conversation with her.

We walked up to the entrance to the carnival and my eyes light up. I grab Nick hand and take off running. "What should we do first?" I yell over all the noise. "Whoa Char slow down, I can't keep up!" Nick yells back. I slow down turning to face him. "Sorry I'm just excited" I beam "why don't we get some food and then play some carnival games. That way our food can settle and we can end the night with rides." I nod my head following Nick to the nearest food truck. We jump in line that has to be a mile long. We stand there in comfortable silence. I just enjoy his company. It's so easy to be around him. The line slowly moves up and we finally make our way to the front. "We'll have two hot dogs with everything on them and a large fry to share." Nick yells over the music playing. We grab our food and sit down at the picnic table. I immediately take a bite. "Mmmm" I moan "so good" Nick chuckles and take a bite of his. "So.. what did you and Ben fight about anyway... you said it was your fault but you never said what you did." I choked on my hot dog and swallowed hard. "Oh uhhhh" I coughed. "I just mean no matter what you did it's wrong to kick you out like that." Nick looked down kicking the dirt. I took a drink of water and gathered up the courage to spit it out. "Nick" I said getting his attention. After he looked up I took a deep breath and blurted it out "We fought about you..."