Carnival part 2

This chapter will be in Nicks Pov.

"Nick" Charlie's voice is shaky. I snap my head up listening intensely. " We fought about you..." his voice trails off. I sit there just looking at him. A million thoughts race through my mind. Why would he be fighting about me with Ben. What could Charlie possibly have done that upset him. Charlie doesn't even know I like him. Wait are him and Ben more than friends? Has Charlie been lying to me???. I start to feel dizzy. Charlie reaches across putting his hand on mine. "Nick, please." I snap out of my thoughts jerking my hand back. "Why would you be fighting over me." Charlie slouches down making himself small. "Ben and I, well aren't.. we aren't.. Ben is my boyfriend." He squeaked. I sit there saying nothing. "Please Nick don't tell anyone he'd kill me. I wanted to tell you a thousand times but he's not out to anyone and I just wanted to protect him." Words are pouring out of his mouth and I don't know what to say. "Nick please" he pouts. Seeing him panic I calm down. I reach my hand out grabbing his. "Char, you could have just told me. I would never out Ben. When Darcy first told me about Tara, she wasn't out yet. I don't know how much you know about Darcy, but I know you know Tara. It was hard for her. You could have trusted me" I pull my hand back shaking my head. "I'm sorry" he whimpers. "Wait" "what does you fighting with Ben have to do with me??" I perk up at the thought. Could Charlie actually like me back? Is Ben jealous of me? "Well" he starts "he seen me lifting your chin the other night outside the car, I told him we were just friends but then you sent me a good morning text and he just lost it. He thinks I'm cheating on him." His head falls. I feel my heart breaking. Just friends plays on repeat in my head. I reach my hand back out grabbing his. "I'm sorry Char, I wouldn't have acted so flirty if I knew you guys were together". Charlie's face turned red "did he kick you out because of that? You really aren't cheating on him though." His face dropped. "Not physically" he mumbled under his breath. Suddenly his face turned red again and a small smile appeared. "Did you say you were being flirty?" My cheeks heat up and I start to sweat. "I mean I can see how he could see my good morning text as flirty." I mentally kick myself for lying. I'm just not ready to admit it yet, especially knowing he has a boyfriend. I'm not ready to be rejected by the first guy I like. "Oh.. yeah of course" he pulls his hand back. I sigh at the sudden lack of affection. He's hurt, but I can't tell if it's by me or Ben. He takes another bite of his food avoiding eye contact. We sit there eating our food in silence until we are done. "Wanna go play ballon darts?" He asks shifting in his seat. There is a awkwardness in the air now. "Sure" I grab the empty baskets and toss them in the trash. We walk over to the game and start to throw the darts. "Man you suck" he laughs. I smile and shake my head, "it's not my fault your just better at everything". "Am not" he teases and give me a little shove. I chuckle. We are back to normal and I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding in. We walk around playing a few more games. Charlie wins a giant stuffed dog at ring toss and rubs it in my face. "Ben's going to hate this thing" his face falls. I reach out petting the stuffed dog. "We can keep him at mine and you can come visit him anytime you want". I offer. Charlie's face lights up, "really you still want to be around me after night." "Of course Char, why would I?" I ask confused. He starts to answer as the loud speaker plays over him "CARNIVAL CLOSING IN ONE HOUR". "Wanna go ride those rides now" he asked kicking the dirt. "Let's go" I grab his hand and take of running. "Wait" he calls out "can we put Joey in your car first?" His voice quiets. "Joey" I turn around. He drops my hand and holds the stuffed dog out. "Oui, you already named him?" I roll my eyes. He nods his head in response. "Sure let's go put him in the car so he's safe and sound." I turn on my heals shaking my head.

Charlie reaches in the car adjusting the seat belt as he buckles him in. "Really?" I chuckle. "Well he has to be safe on the ride home". He turns around and is now inches from my face. He looks up and his eyes sparkle. "I lean forward reaching out to adjust the seat belt since it is twisted. My face brushing against his neck. He wraps his arms around me pulling me upright into a hug. "Why?" I ask to stunned to move. "Because" he sighs. "I lied to you about Ben and you still want to be my friend." He wraps his arms tighter around my waist and lays his head on my chest. I grip him tighter pulling him closer to me. It's in this instant that I know I want to be with him. I ready to tell him how I feel. "Char.." "Hmmm" he Hums into my chest. My heart races in my chest and his voice vibrates thought out my body. "Earlier... I lied too" I say out of breath. He pulls his head back and looks up at me. He starts to speak but his phone rings. He lets go shoving his hand in his pocket to pull the phone out. "It's Ben" "oh uh well I'll just leave you to it" I turn to walk away. My stomach drops. All confidence I had leaves my body. Charlie shoves the phone back in his pocket. "He can wait. You were saying" he raises his eyebrows. "Oh uh I want to get cotton candy before we go on rides" I lift my arm scratching the back of my head. Seeing Ben's name pop up on the screen reminds me that Charlie has someone he loves already. I can't handle him rejecting me or even leaving Ben for me. Charlie rolls his eyes "let's go" he says walking back to the carnival. I follow behind.

"I'll get a panda Cotton candy" he yells at the cashier. "What do you want?" He turns and gestures at me. "Uh I'll take a unicorn" I blush. Charlie pulls out his wallet to pay and I rush to get mine out first. "Here" I say handing my card over. Charlie stands there pouting. I roll my eyes taking my card back. We walk away slowly pulling at the cotton candy to try not to destroy it immediately. We reach the Ferris wheel and Charlie looks up and grabs the bottom of my shirt tugging at it. "Okay fineee" I sigh. I hate heights. But for Charlie I'd do anything. We toss our bare sticks in the trash can and get on the ride. The seats are so small our shoulders are pressed together. The wheel starts to turn and my hand falls to my lap. Charlie looks over at me smiling. The lights twinkle behind him and he's never looked better. We reach the top and it comes to a sudden stop causing the seat to start rocking. Instinctively I grab Charlie's hand squeezing tight. I pull it back as a picture of him and Ben flashes in my mind. He reaches down and loops his pinky around mine giving me a reassuring smile. I look into his eyes and I start to lose my will power. I lean in and Charlie closes his eyes. Just as our lips are about to meet the ride starts back up. Our seat rocks and I lose my balance. He grips my hand tighter opening his eyes and shoots me a smirk. "Afraid of heights?" He starts laughing. "Oui" is all I can manage to spit out. The rocking is making me nauseous. We get off the ride and I let out another sigh of relief. "Ready to go?" he chuckles again. "Yeah definitely" I give a shy smile back. As we are reaching the exit I spot a photo booth. I grip his sweatshirt pulling him towards it. "Can we?" I beg giving him the best puppy dog eyes I can do. He rolls his eyes and nods. The seat is only big enough for one of us. I sit down and pull Charlie onto my lap. He smiles at the camera and I look up smiling at him. "Let's do funny faces" I say putting up bunny ears behind him and stick my tongue out. He makes a scary face. "Quick pretend I'm gonna drop you" he looks down at me with a questioning look and I let go slightly causing him to feel like he's gonna fall just as the camera snaps the picture. He shoves me lightly and pouts "hey you were gonna drop me" "I would never actually drop you char" I look down at him hoping he can feel the emotion behind it. The camera starts counting down 3.. 2.. I freeze in the moment. Charlie is looking up and me and his eyes start to sparkle as he throws his head back laughing. In this moment I don't care about Ben I know I can treat him better and I want him to be mine. "Char, quick" his head snaps back turning it slightly looking me in the eyes. I let out a nervous breath "Kiss me."