Chapter 16

~3 weeks later, Ethan's point of view~

I've been feeling a little down lately, so I decided I should try to write a song to feel a little bit better. I just don't know where to start. I do have this website that generates random lyrics. I decide to use it and try to get inspiration from what it gives me. I fill in the random questions and it gives me lyrics. There is some weird stuff, but some lyrics are decent. I take a few lines to use in my song and close the website. I decided earlier that I'm going to write about Zoe, because she makes me happy. I try to think of lyrics and after a while, I have a song. There are some weird lyrics in it, but I don't know what to replace them with, so I decide to leave them in. I don't really know what to think about the song, but want to get some chords on it to make it sound more full. I still don't know wether I like it or not, so I decide to play it for Zoe and my mom to get their opinion. I take my guitar and my messy notes and make my way to the terrace, here they're both sitting. My mom is reading z magazine and Zoe is listening to music with headphones. I tap Zoe's shoulder to get her attention. ''I wrote this song but I don't really know wether I like it or not. Could you listen and give your opinion please?'' I ask both of them. ''Of course!'' Zoe says. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before playing the song.

The lyrics 👇🏻

-Stargazing-

[Verse 1]
Our love's like a movie: too good to be real
We'll go watch it together then ride the ferris wheel
With a sight of the city that we've always known
Oh, it's a dream that I can call my own

[Chorus]
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Cause the way I feel it feels so real
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Everything's gonna be allright

[Verse 2]
I love you more than I could ever say
It feels like floating feeling this way
When you said you loved me under the blanket of stars
Honey just know you have my heart

[Chorus]
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Cause the way I feel it feels so real
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Everything's gonna be allright

[Bridge]
Kissing at night
You're hilding me tight
I know that you think that I'm allright
When you're not by my side
But I'm losing my mind
No, everything's gonna be allright

We're like that lyrics from the Harry Styles song
We go together as one
Like the sun and the moon
Soup and a spoon
Time flies by, it's never too soon

[Chorus]
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Cause the way I feel it feels so real
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Everything's gonna be allright

[Chorus]
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Cause the way I feel it feels so real
Our future will shine like the stars at night
Everything's gonna be allright

This is me singing the song I litterally wrote in 30 minutes. I know that my voice and my guitar playing isn't the best, I'm sorry. I'm also really sorry for the bad sound quality, but you'll get the idea of how the song sounds in my head if you listen to it. Enjoy :)

I play the last chord and look up. Zoe is smiling widely and my mom looks so proud. ''So, what do you think? Is the song any good?'' I ask. ''Good? It's amazing! I love everything about it. The lyrics, the guitar, your voice, the melody. It's great!'' Zoe says. ''Thank you so much, Honey!'' I thank her. ''It's really good, Ethan. I like the song a lot. Inspired by someone?'' My mom asks jokingly. ''I wrote it about Zoe, yes,'' I tell her. ''It's beautiful,thank you baby,'' Zoe says. She walks up to me and pecks my lips. ''Alright thank you, I'll put my guitar away now and come sit outside,'' I tell them. I go inside to put my guitar on the stand and go outside again. ''Ethan, could you help me to get to my bedroom please? I would like to take a nap,'' my mom asks me. ''Of course,'' I tell her. She slowly rises to her feet, keeping one hand on the table for balance. I carefully put one hand on her back and takethe hand closest to me with my other hand. I follow her pace and make sure she's feeling okay. When we make it to her bedroom, I open the door and help her get to her bed. She sits down slowly, closing her eyes at the change of position. I assist her to slowly lie down after I took her slippers off for her. I put the blanket on her and tuck he in, making sure she's comfortable before leaving the room quietly. ''I'll get us some snacks and drinks, okay? I'll be right back,'' I tell Zoe before making my way to the kitchen. I cut some apples and bananas into little pieces and put them in a bowl as a healthy snack. I also take some crackers and a bottle of apple juice with 2 glasses. I put everything on a tray and walk outside. ''Ooohh that's nice. Thank you, baby,'' Zoe says. ''You're welcome. What do you wanna do? We can watch a movie or put some music on if you'd like,'' I propose. ''Let's put some music on,'' Zoe answers. I nod and take my phone out, unlocking it and opening spotify. ''What are you in the mood for?'' I ask, handing her my phone so she can play whatever she likes. ''This playlist seems fun,'' she says after looking for a minute. The first song that plays is 'me and my broken heart' by Rixton.

This song 👇🏻

For the next hour, we're preoccuppied with singing and dancing through the garden. I feel genuinely happy, laughing and singing along to every song that comes on. I feel a little tired from all the dancing, so I sit down and take my fork to take some banana and apple. I also take a sip from my glass that's filled with apple juice. A memory pops into my head of me and Zoe dancing and singing in the garden when we were younger. We would have snacks and apple juice just like today and just enjoy ourselves. The memory puts a smile on my face. It's so crazy to me that we're boyfriend and girlfriend, after years of no contact at all. We've changed so much, but we didn't at the same time. I feel happier than ever. I love Zoe with every fiber in my body. I don't know if we'll be together for the rest our life, but we have now and I'm not planning on letting her go. I break my sentimental thoughts and look at Zoe, who is now dancing to 'paper rings' by Taylor Swift.

For if you don't know the song 👇🏻

~That evening, Zoe's point of view~

I can't sleep, although I just came back from my late night walk. I decide to write a little, since I found out it makes me feel a little better.

Dear diary,

I can't sleep. I already tried to go on a walk, but it didn't work. I just keep thinking about Ethan's mom. She's been getting very tired lately. Before Ethan came out on the terrace to play his song, she told me the doctors are losing hope. She just shrugged and said:''I had an amazing life, if I die tommorow, I won't shed a tear.'' I really hope she gets better, but I know the reality is that the chances are getting smaller and smaller. I know Ethan's realising it too. It's like this heavy weight in the room that everyone feels, but no one talks about it, scared that the weight would feel more real if it's talked about. I have to admit that Ethan's mom feels like a second mom to me. With my mom, I always felt like I just wasn't enough, but Ethan's mom does the exact opposite. I love that woman so much! She's the sweetest.
Ethan has been having nightmares. He says he's fine, but I can feel he's scared of losing his mom. I feel so sorry for him. I also feel so helpless, because I can't really do anything to make him feel better. The situation sucks, but somehow it has been the best time of my life. I feel so happy yet so sad. It's confusing and tiring. I sleep 8 hours or more every single night, yet I feel so tired and drained all the time. Besides that, I still feel very happy too. We're making the best of the situation, although the situation sucks. I'll try to go to sleep now, it's really late.
Love, Zoe

I fold the paper and put it away. It's not too cold outside, a soft breeze and no clouds in the sky. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel a little bit tired now, so I think I can try to go to sleep. I'm really hoping Ethan didn't get any nightmares while I was away. I make my way inside and make sure all the doors are locked before I go to the bedroom and open the door as quiet as possible. The lights are still off and I can see Ethan being asleep in bed. His hair is messy and his mouth is slightly opening, making him look really cute. Oh my, I can't believe I can call him my boyfriend. I'm the luckiest girl alive! I go to our little bathroom and put on my pajamas. I already showered and brushed my teeth, so I can just go to bed. I rub my eyes and walk towards the bed. I lift the blanket and get under it, smiling to myself when I feel his arms wrap around me. I turn around to face him and snuggle into him. ''Where were you, Honey?'' his sleepy voice asks. ''I just went on a walk. Go back to sleep, baby,'' I answer. He kisses my forehead and whispers:''Goodnight. I love you.'' I smile and whisper back:''I love you too. Goodnight.''
Sleep reaching me not long after, pulling me into the world of dreams.

________________________________
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

xxxDieuwke

Word count: 1806