Encounter on graveyard

Note: i was going to write about the proposal chapter, BUT... this seemed somehow more interesting. i might edit it later, though.

the art isn't mine :-: all rights to the owner.

~

~

~

•𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: you just got pulled out from the ANBU, as well as kakashi, even though the last time you saw him was on your mission a few months ago. The first thing you did was visit your family's grave and tell them about everything. but, you weren't all alone there...•

~

~

~

𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨:

"And it... it just happened! i cannot believe that! silly, ain't it?"

you sat at your family grave with your sister's, grandparents' and your father's name. you have never met your mom.

"also... i got pulled out of the ANBU. i don't know why... The Third said he had better plans for me. and kakashi."

you made a little pause just to take a few deep breaths before continuing your conversation with the gravestone.

"i understand I'm not that well-trained shinobi and that i have made a lot of mistakes during my ANBU era but, I don't understand why did he pull out him... he's...

he's one of the best shinobi's Konoha has ever had. i admire him. really."

you sat there for a few more minutes, looking at the ground, unfocused and zoned out. your mind was wandering around without any finish line.

before you stood up, you stroked the gravestone once, mumbled a simple goodbye and went to the gate.

suddenly, you sensed someone's presence in the graveyard and turned around yourself.

at first, it seemed like you were all alone there, that it was your mind tricking you. but then, you saw strands of grey hair from the distance.

that's... rin's grave.

you were always a little jealous of rin because she always somehow got both obito's and kakashi's attention. but after what happened, you realized what a jerk you were. you never forgave yourself 'cause of that.

you wondered if it's a good idea to come up and eavesdrop on his talk.

no, it's an idiotism.

but something deep inside you wanted to see what was he talking about with rin.

you stepped a few steps forward and pretended to look at someone's grave. still, you were too far from him. you didn't want to look suspicious so you stood there a couple more moments.

"family member or a friend," he asked.

you stood in worry, wondering what to say next.

"more like a family friend," you lied.

"ahh, i see."

you stuck your look on the stranger's grave, not knowing what to do anymore.

kakashi came up to you and threw a look at the name engraved on the stone.

"he died very young, must i say."

"yeah," you replied.

you two stood there in silence, when you felt a drop of water fall on your hand. you didn't want to say anything and remained silent.

after some time, it really started to pour out of the sky and you felt an uneasy feeling in your chest. it was pressing your heart and lungs, your stomach was twisted up and your eyes suddenly felt watery.

even though it was an unknown person, you felt incredibly sorry for every single being who had their name engraved on the gravestone.

gently, you felt an embrace of his hand holding yours tightly.

"it's alright," he whispered calmly.

that overwhelming feeling you had just burst inside you when the rain slowly turned into a storm.

"we should go," kakashi concluded, "this storm's going to be really hard later."

you only nodded and followed him to his place. he invited you to stop by since you live on the other side of konoha and his house was surprisingly close to the graveyard.

"make yourself comfortable, I'll get you some dry clothes."

you didn't want to sit on the couch since your clothes were literally soaked in water, so you only looked around.

it's cosy in here.

"here, uh it might be a bit bigger size than you usually wear," he smiled shyly, "but at least it's dry."

"thanks," you said and entered the first empty room you found. of course it was his room.

you quickly changed and came back downstairs. kakashi was sitting on the couch, reading one of his books.

"you're back," he said with his nose stuck in that book. "i suppose you want to take a little rest, since... you know."

until then, you didn't realize how tired and exhausted you were. but there were a few questions you wanted to know the answers to.

but kakashi had some weird look on his face. or better said in his eye. he was looking at you in his clothes. you felt a bit uncomfortable, but...

does he think I'm cute or what? his clothes are incredibly comfy, tho.

"yeah... I'll sleep later. some things are unclear to me... why did Hizuren pull you out of ANBU?"

"ah, so you've heard," he said, "well, actually, I became a Jonin leader. also, I personally wanted to get out of ANBU. it's... boring."

"mhm," you said, a little bit disappointed with that answer.

"anyways, you can take my bed. I'll sleep on the couch," kakashi said and laid down in no time.

"you sure?"

"mhm," he said.

"goodnight kakashi. and thank you."

"anytime."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

running out of inspiration ;/// requests are open folks =3