Last battle

A/N: hey folks, i'm back again :). there were some severe tragedies that had hit me when i thought about coming back again... and i am truly sorry for these depressing chapters, just feeling like it rn ig :// i hope i will write something more joyful in the future. thank you for the support i love you <3

.

.

.

.

[Third Person Perspective]

.

.

.

it was rainy day at the battlefield. blood was all over the field: both from the innocent and guilty. bodies were covered with cuts, bruises, blood, some of them even missing limbs and heads. they were shining under poor moonlight that was somehow going through clouds.

some of the troupes were sent on the mission to find possible survivors, including Y/N. she felt devastated after she'd found out kakashi might be among the deceased. her heart was just torn into the pieces, but with small hope, she went on with the task.

all of those people... they died for what? at what cost?  she thought.

the troupes desperately looked and seek for possible survivors. some of them were on the cliffhanger, some were in mere pain, some weren't mentally prepared for death and begged for the saviors to help. no signs of kakashi.

Y/N did not give up. she looked everywhere, called out to him, rolled dead bodies over, hoping to see the face of her loved one. some of them looked similar to him at the glance, but none of them were him.

"we will continue the search over there," the leader of the troupe said.

"just a moment, sire," y/n begged.

"who are you looking for?"

"my beloved," she said through tears.

"maybe we'd already found him. his name?"

"hatake kakashi."

hopeful spark in his eyes disappeared. he put arm on her shoulder, trying to sound reassuring.

"we'll search. don't worry. he must be somewhere around here."

something inside her told her he is alive, that he is somewhere around here like the leader said. they didn't look well enough. they should really get into this.

she became desperate, hopeless, she cried and screamed at the sky. those screams were so painful even some of the jounins couldn't resist and let some tears roll down their cheeks. even with all of the effort they put into this, no signs of kakashi were to be found.

after almost the whole night, they did all they could, and the leader decided it is time to get back to the village.

"no... i am not going without him!"

"Y/N... please... we would have found him already if he was here... just--"

seems like nobody had the heart to tell her that he's long gone. the enemy survivors could've brought him with them, or even worse...

"please, let's go home, dear..." the leader tried to calm her.

y/n stopped crying. she fell onto the ground, pale, staring into the empty space. she couldn't feel more pain than then, it was the final hit for her. she couldn't cry anymore, scream, yell, feel. she felt numb. she felt disappointed in herself. she blamed herself, she thought it was her fault he is dead.

after some time, she got up and, all tired and sore, followed the group with the survivors back to the village.

little did she, or anybody knew, that kakashi was behind one of the stones this whole time, injured, bleeding and in horrible pain. but he didn't have the strength to yell for help. he was left there to watch and listen to love of his life tear her soul apart because of him.

the very last words he could whisper before falling into the eternal sleep were:

goodbye, y/n. i love you.

*********************************

i am so sorry for this one. i made it short because it's painful. i had a death case a few weeks ago and it's just tearing me apart.