Helping hand

Note: I'm sorry i wasn't writing for a bit, i had some problems with my family and we're going on a vacation soon, so I'll maybe write less often than before.

also, shout-out to carrie13_3 cause they inspired me to write this chapter<3

The art isn't mine. bless whoever did this

~

~

~

𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: after you got pulled out of the ANBU, you had quite hard times. since you had to take care of two children: Kazuki and Akihiko. you have found those kids outside of the village, roaming around the forest and decided to take care of them a bit. but, those were hard times...

~

~

~

~
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨:

"{name}-san, will we have dinner soon? I'm hungry," kazuki pleaded.

"me too, {name}-san," akihiko added.

a moment of silence filled your apartment as you thought of your next step. all of the month's salary has already been spent on groceries but it wasn't enough.

"I'll think of something, okay? we'll... we'll have dinner soon. you can go outside and play a little, okay?"

both of them nodded and slowly stepped outside.

it has been like that for some time now. you didn't have any idea how to feed those kids and yourself. you didn't want to kick them out or leave them outside the village gates, but this wasn't possible. you had some small missions earlier but those salaries still weren't enough to feed all three of you.

you sat on the couch and sank your head in your palms. you didn't know what to do anymore. you really loved kazuki and akihiko but...

suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"just come in," you said loudly.

you expected it to be kazuki or akihiko but, it was kakashi.

"am i interrupting you," he asked politely.

"kakashi? what are you doing here?"

"may i sit here?"

you nodded and he sat closely beside you.

"i know it's rude to just show up on someone's doorstep but, i have noticed you took care of those two boys you have found outside the village."

you kept silent. you knew exactly where this conversation was going. but you wanted to hear it from him.

"i have also noticed you had been on a lot of small missions during their stay with you. i just wanted to make sure you're doing okay with the salaries. and if you need-"

"i know you want to help us, but we're fine. okay? we'll... make it somehow," you cut him off.

"I'm sorry if I offended you," he muttered, "i just wanted to make sure you're doing okay. also, Third had sent a few shinobi's to try and find the parents of those two. he thinks they'll find them soon."

you curled up on your sofa and sighed. you looked at your knees, thinking about a lot of things in the moment. you felt like you just couldn't do it alone. but you didn't want to be a burden to anyone. especially not to kakashi. kazuki and akihiko are your responsibility.

you were so zoned out you didn't feel you were crying. you quickly wiped them with your sleeve and sunk your face in your knees.

kakashi hugged you tightly and held you close to him.

"it's alright," he whispered. "I'll help you as much as i can, okay? i want to help you. listen... how about... you come to my place and we can have a nice dinner, huh? what do you say?"

"sounds okay," you sniffed.

you two went outside to find kazuki and akihiko. they were running around, playing some game.

"Akihiko! Kazuki! come here for a moment," you called them.

they ran up to you and stared at kakashi in fear.

"don't worry, he's a friend," you said, seeing their scared faces. "we will go on a dinner with him, okay?"

they nodded and you went to kakashi's home.
he quickly made something for you to eat and you had a nice time actually. you felt like you are a family. one happy family.

After dinner, kakashi walked you back to your place and you invited him to stay over. there were some things to discuss.

"okay, they should be asleep right now," you said in low voice.

"so, what did you want to talk about," he asked.

you hesitated a lot. you didn't want to tell him yet...

"i...," you sighed. "could you stay over tonight? please?"

he didn't expect that question but still agreed to it. and since the kids took your room AND you won the argument about you being okay with sleeping on the floor, soon after you made a little comfy improvised bed out of pillows and blankets on the floor.

after some time, you heard kakashi calling out to you.

"hm?"

"please come up here," he said and reached out his hand.

"I'm okay with th-"

"please."

you never heard so much tenderness in his voice. you didn't want to argue anymore and you climbed onto the couch. it didn't have much space and it wasn't really made for two people sleeping on it so most of the time you tried to act normally with you and him sleeping close to each other. very close.

at some point, you were half asleep and started drifting off into real sleep, though your heart was still pounding in your chest loudly. when all of the sudden, you felt his warm hand wrapping around your waist and pulling you closer to him.

you were shocked. so damn shocked. you remained still for a few moments before realising he's actually asleep and not conscious. after that you fell in deep sleep.

when you woke up, kakashi wasn't there. neither were kids. you thought it was all a dream.

but there was a note.

I'm sorry we didn't wake you up. you slept so peaceful.

parents of Akihiko and Kazuki were found in a small village not so far from here. they told me not to wake you up, yet they knew you'd probably cry. I didn't know you were that attached to them.

once again, sorry. i hope you'll forgive us one day.

- kakashi

you smiled at it, happy 'cause kazuki amd akihiko are home. but you're sad you didn't say goodbye to them.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

yeah, this one's the longest so far. cheers 🪐