Chapter 15

-4 years ago-

I was in my special hiding spot in dock #1. Grinning to myself in a small victory because I finally finished installing a multi-cannon, where you can fire multiple cannonballs at once. It looked very similar to a revolver, just instead of bullets it's with cannonballs. There was a pirate crew that ordered one, due to the sea kings. The new world is a dangerous place, spinning around in my chair as I was long in thought. A shadow appeared as the curtain to my hiding spot. I stopped to see someone standing at the 'door'.

Still sitting, I plant my feet firmly on the floor with my arms crossed. I gave the person a good look, definitely was out of my league and was handsome. A tall male with bright red hair, and three scars on his left eye. I looked at him, and then towards my wall of wanted posters. One, in particular, Shanks. I looked back and forth at that and laughed. There's no way that man is standing in front of me. The male then started to laugh as well. "You know Kid, I was expecting an old man for a weapon specialist. Not a literal kid." I pouted and stood up and marched over to him to give him a piece of my mind. "Excuse you!" I started and paused as I realized. "Oh shit, you are Red haired shanks." I stared wide-eyed at the man in front of me. Me and my dumbass last brain cell. Rest in peace.

The man in front of me smiled brightly and patted my shoulder. "That's right kid, your old man recommended that I find you. Said that you'd be able to find good weapon shops here in water7." I nodded proudly. "I'm still his apprentice when it comes to being a carpenter. But I've found a great passion in weaponry." Shanks pulled me out of my hideout, and I quickly closed the 'door'.

-----------

And that was only the beginning. I grinned as I heard guns fired and swords colliding. Shanks was a man who showed kindness to me. He told me stories of a boy who ate the gum-gum devil fruit. How he never ceased to give up on trying to join his crew. The boy who never knew the word stop or No. The same kid who is now older, and my captain. Man, I sure would love to see the face of Shanks. When he realizes that I joined Luffy, even after I declined his offer. It was never my intention to become a pirate. I even told Shanks that, word for word. I laughed loudly as I ran to Zoro. "Oi! Moss-head!" I shouted out at him, he looked lost. "Where are the others?" I slowed down to stand near him, he looked at me surprised. "Aren't you supposed to be with Luffy?" I shrugged and pointed at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be with the others?" I teased as he glared at me and grunted. He makes no comment and looks around lost. I breathed hard as I felt my lungs hurt. After this is over I seriously need to let my body heal. "Luffy is fighting Blueno, and I didn't want to get in his way. So I decided to come down to the lower floors to see if anyone needs any help." I said as I looked around at the boring checkered ceiling and floors.

"This place looks like someone vomited out checker pieces." I let out a series of giggles watching Zoro look around confused. I think he just realized that the floor and ceilings look the same. I bent over laughing when it started to hurt, I held onto my chest plate laughing.

"Oi, when did you change into that" Zoro looked at me more confused, I smiled and shrugged. "I don't know, I thought I already told you" He looked at me for a second, and then his eyes widened slightly. "You already used it, that's kinda cool" I shrugged and proceeded to push him in the right direction.

"If anything, it'll be cool for you not to get lost Carrot top" I giggled and stopped as I saw him pull out his swords. With one in his mouth and the other two in his hands, he makes a stance to strike the ceiling. I squinted at him, is he seriously going to destroy the ceiling because he keeps getting lost? "Dragon Twister!" Zoro swirls around as he sliced up the ceiling and all the other floors above us.

That's one way to make an easier path. I couldn't help but grin as I saw the blue sky from the holes. "Looks like I'll be back to square one again." I shake my head and jump up as Zoro climbs up onto the roof. I see Luffy picking his nose, my jaw dropped slightly at the sight. This is the guy who is supposed to be my captain. "Robin!" His voice ranged out startling me, I took a step forward toward him. "We're already here! All of us!" Luffy shouts out as Zoro stands next to me, I look around to see chopper and Nami. There was a rumble, and I turned to see Sanji breaking through the roof. "Undoubtedly, I'm the first to arrive" I stifle a laugh at Sanji as Chopper rushes over to me. "Cole, I need to look over your injuries right-" He pauses to look at me, his eyes bugged out. "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!" His eyes turned into stars as he stared at me amazed. I kneeled down and patted his head with a bright smile.