Chapter 27

Pain, my whole body ached. From my toes all the way to the hair on my head.

"H-"

Opening my eyes painfully, my vision was blurry. My body ached horridly with pain shooting all around. "Kid!" A pair of hands gently grab my shoulders shaking me. I let out a groan and try to swat at the person. "Kid, you awake?" My vision cleared up and I was able to see a blue haired male standing over me. He sits me up carefully, the man kneels next to me with a worried look. I look down at my body and my eyes widen in shock. I was bloodied and bruises. "Hey, don't look" the man grabs my attention and picks me up bridle style. "Don't worry, I'll take you to a doctor." I hold onto his shirt as I shiver from the wind. "What's your name kid? I'm Iceberg" Iceberg asks softly while walking us through metal junk. My mind was fuzzy and it hurt. My name? I furrow my eyebrows trying to remember. "I-I think it's Cole" The man frowns and then starts walking a little faster.

"You piece of half robot Shit! What kind of blueprints are these!" I shout at him trying to figure out his chicken scratch. I could feel the glare from Franky as he finished working on the keel of the ship. "If you can't read it then you shouldn't be here!" He shouts back at me as my eyes blazed in anger at him. "What kind of ship runs on cola!" I throw my hands up in the air frustrated "click" My body froze as one of my arms came back down. Behind me I could hear Franky laughing, turning around to look at him. I then start laughing cause he laughed so hard that he fell off the beams. "That's what you get you-" A hand clamps over my mouth, Dad sighs in disappointment. "This is why nothing ever gets done with the two of you. At this point, the future king of the pirates will sail on a raft" I grin sheepishly as he starts working on my brace.
"Hey look, Tom's workers are back together" We turn to see Paulie and the shipwrights. I grin at them and wave with my left arm while dad works on my right arm. "You don't have to build the ship here you know? Didn't you tell him that Cole? Geez" Paulie stands near us and teases me. I stick my tongue at him playfully only to get smacked by Dad. "I better not see you sticking your tongue out on a wanted poster" He points at me, he fixes the brace and it unlocks.

Allowing my arm to relax, I bend my arm slowly and then smack Paulie. He smacks the back of my head and takes a step back grinning at me. "Did you guys finish fixing the city?" Dad ask the shipwrights who all smiled proudly. "Of course, some of them told us to come help with the ship. Besides, Cole here was the one who got most of the damaged buildings earlier today." Paulie tussles my hair up as I look away since most of the attention was focused on me. "You guys better not get in my way!" Franky shouts with tears falling down his cheeks. I give him a thumbs up and start gathering tools to move everything to Dock one.

However Franky insisted that we keep working on scrap island.

Kokoro joined us with Chimney later on, she handed out waters to us while we worked on the ship. We had the hull built, I saw the structure of the ship. It was amazing to what Franky was doing. However he wouldn't let me see the rooms he had planned out. A frown forms my face, the hammer in my hand felt heavy at the sinking feeling. This was the last time I was gonna build a ship with Dad and everyone. I leaned down and kissed the wood. The musty smell of the wood was strong. "Bless this ship First Master, as a member of Fairy tail will sail under the Straw-hat Pirates" A warmth covers me but not from my prayer, it was a blanket. "Just cause you can make fire doesn't mean you can't get a cold" it was Franky, he scoots next to me and grins at me. "You have a lot on your mind squirt, Ice-berg told me a few things" I shrugged and let my shoulder sag. "I guess I feel like I'm abandoning him you know. Like the pass six years never mattered, but it did matter. He was the closest thing to a Igneel. Which is why I call him Dad" My voice was quiet, my eyes stared at my hands.

I wiggle my right hand frustrated. "Why do you not let yourself be happy?" I froze at Franky's question. "Is it because you think you can't be strong enough, or that you're afraid you'll forget everyone again?" His voice has me second guessing myself.

I started wide eye at the pink kitten infront of me. Natsu held up the kitten excitedly as he held it at my face. "See! Now you'll have one like Happy!" The guild cheers loudly and then quickly turns into a chaotic fight around us. The world slowed as the kitten opened her eyes, her bright green eyes shines brightly. A smile grew on my face and lifted my hands up to hold her. She starts to purr happily in my embrace.

"Fraya! That's your name!"

"Meow!"

I stand up on the beam and hold on to the blanket close. "I don't want to forget anyone again" I felt small and stared away from Franky looking at Dad working on cutting some of the wood. "I just want the people around me to be proud." The wind picked up a little blowing at my blanket. "Kid, he's always been proud of you. Now go get some sleep" He smiles at me and pushes my off the beam. I managed to land properly and turn to shout at him. I pause to see him back working on the ship. Muttering to myself I walk to dad. "I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night" I kiss his cheek and pull away embarrassed. Taking a step back, he turns with a goofy smile and leap at me. Hugging me.

"Oi! Old man let me go!"

"Oh how could I! My daughter is giving me affection willingly" the shipwrights around us laugh at my misfortune. But I couldn't deny that I felt warm from his hug.
Walking back to the canals, I enjoyed the night sky. Making it back home, I carefully took off the brace. Scars littered my arm everywhere, I had really put my arm to its limit. Red blister marks were shown from the brace rubbing against the skin. I got ready for bed and fell asleep. Forgetting to change out of my clothes.

It's been two days since Franky and the shipwrights started working on the ship. We got the frame work and the deck built. However, the stupid robot kicked me off the ship when we started to work on the interior of the ship. So here I am with Robin and Nami walking down the shopping district. I didn't find much interest in shopping, so I just carried most of the lighter bags for me. "Oh this top looks so cute!" Nami squealed excitedly and looks at the shop keeper.

They were sweating nervously, after hearing the notorious rumors about Nami's bargaining skills. Grinning at the sight with Robin chuckling. "Ms. Dragon have you gone to see a seamstress yet?" Her hand was covering her mouth slightly with her head tilt. "Nah, I couldn't find my blueprints. I must have lost them or put them in the wrong box. Maybe once we get to Sabaody I'll find one." I said as Nami walks towards us with a triumph smile holding the top she wanted. "I see, did you want anything since were using your money?" Robin asked again since I have yet to buy anything. I shrug and trotted after Nami who looks at the windows of some of the stores. "Not much matches my scarf, so I don't try to find m-" a hand reaches out and grabs my left hand. Tugging me forward I crash into Nami. She points up to an outfit. A grin forms my face.

"Its the colors you plan to wear" a orange and black dress stood on display. I walk into the store, shocking many of the locals. It's not often I'm see in a shop. Even more shocking to see me wanting a dress too. The shop keeper immediately greets me. "Oh my! Cole it's so lovely to finally meet you" nodding at them and smile. "I was wondering how muc-"

"Free" I blinked at stared at the shop keeper. "You fixed my shop so whatever you and your friends want. It's free"

"But-" Nami rushes over and gushes in happiness. "Really! We'll take that orange and black dress. And what ever you have in those colors!" She orders to the shop keeper who immediately starts gathering those colors and the dress. I stand there with my jaw dropping, both Nami and Robin giggle at me and pat my head. "My is our resident dragon slayer a local celebrity?" I shake my head trying to deny that. "What no, I just try to help out when I can" the shop keeper rushes over with a pile of clothes with black and orange colors. "Ms. Cole here is so generous. She denies anything we try to give her, unless it's water." I rub my head embarrassed and look away. The shop keeper gives us many bags and helps us out the doors. "I can't wait to see your bounty, I'll be sure to let every customer know that you wore my clothes!" He cheered out happily, I looked down at the bags still in disbelief. This must have cost hundreds of berries.

I set them down and turn around to the shop keeper. I bowed at him. "Thank you sir, I accept this graciously and will wear them proudly." I stood back up and smiled brightly, the few shop owners walked towards us as a crowd formed from the local owners.