Chapter 23

"THE BUSTER CALL HAS STARTED"

Honestly thought I'd never hear those words. I rushed over to Robin as fast as I could. Marines start running away while we stood there watching. For some odd reason the warships were narrowly avoiding the bridge. This caused Spandam to start laughing maniacally. "Hey! Who said you can leave, the warships are avoiding us probably because of how important I am!" Peering at the warships baffled by how they're avoiding the bridge. Knowingly that there were two criminals here on the bridge.

It didn't really add up. My ears twitch a little as I hear skin hitting the ground, turning around to see Robin with her knees on the ground. Kneeling down to Robin. "Hey, Robin. You okay?" As soon as I said that, I kinda felt stupid. Of course she wasn't okay, she's reliving her childhood again. "I..I can't stop shaking" her voice sounded so broken and defeated. Her body was visibly shaking, I felt anger for Robin. No one deserves this treatment, everyone has the right to be happy. "Boom!" It definitely wasn't from the bombs, I help Robin back up as we peer over the bridge trying to figure out what was the cause. "Oh shit, it's Lucci" I point over to one of the warships seeing Lucci. Robin follows my finger as I watch marines surround him trying to help him. "Gum-gum rocket!" A smile is etched on my face as I see our captain, shaped as a balloon?

"Leave it to our captain with his devil fruit" I let out a snort trying to contain my laughter. Luffy deflated after ricocheting bullets, air flows from his belly to his leg. "Gum-gum" He aims his inflated leg down to the warship. "GIANT AXE!" His leg smashes into the boat, a bullet shot out. I barely had anytime to dodge while pushing Robin out of the way. It grazed my left arm, feeling blood trickle down. "CAPTURE NICO ROBIN AND THE ANOMALY!" Spandam shouts out as some marines stayed, they begin to fire their guns rapidly. Robin tried to use her devil fruit powers, as I tried to use my fire wall. Some bullets fell through before I could use my fire. One hit my right leg and the other grazed my right arm. "Robin, we don't have many options left." My voice wavered a bit as I forced my flames wider infront of us trying to by us time. "It seems so, we can only hope that the others will get here." Chaos rang on the warship luffy was fighting on, while at the same time warships began to aim at the warship he was destroying. "Of first master, please watch over my captain" closing my eyes, trying to take a deep breath and slow my heart beat. My body ached, it hurt so much. I just want to go to sleep with how much my body hurts. My stomach growls loudly. "I'm gonna need a feast after this" muttering to myself.

My eyes open fast, food. Wait, I can eat fire. Looking around trying to find fire that wasn't caused by me. "Robin, this is gonna sound weird. But I need fire" she stared blankly at me unsure of what I just asked. "Can't you make some?" I shake my head as I start trailing around with the fire wall protecting us. "I need fire that I can consume that I didn't make." She hums and try's to help look as well.

"BOOM!"

"BOOM!"

Multiple bombs struck the warship luffy was on, lots of fire forms on the ship. "I have a terrible idea." A grin forms my face but then frown at the look Robin gives me. "That is indeed a terrible idea. We'll get you fire another time okay? We need to stick together" Robin pats my head as I stare longly at the flames. "Besides shouldn't we worry about our captain?" Robin brought my attention away from the flames and into the actual situation. "It did lift your mood a little though" looking at her as she gives me a small smile. With a cheeky grin I straighten my back and look at the melted bullets around us. "So you think they ran out of bullets yet?" My question was answered as more bullets were fired. "Hey hey!" My flames dissipated I positioned myself to stand in front of Robin.

I hold out my hammer prepared, stared with my dark eyes at Spandam. "Would you look at that! Strawhat luffy causing a ruckus on one of the ships and got blown to pieces!" He joked and laughs while my grip on my hammer tightens. "This is the power of the Buster call! That I Spandam, invoked!" He shouts out proudly, everyone around stays silent. It was an eerie silence, even the marines looked doubtful at Spandam. "This is justice Lilith C. Dragneel. Now hand over Nico Robin, and maybe I'll let you have a nice cell in Impel Down!" He shouts at me, repositioning myself in a fighting stance. "Why should I?" I shouted back in anger. "Why do you have to protect her anyways??" Spandam stares at me questionably, I light my hammer in flames as flames reach my body as a blanket. "Want to ask me that once more?" My voice was menacing as my eyes began to twitch into a human pupil to dragon like.