Chapter 21

My shoes echo as they hit the stone ground of the tunnel as I ran towards the gates of justice. The ringing started to come back while I ran, the running kinda helped me to ignore it.

As the ringing continues I can't help but worry  again about the damage that it's doing to my ears. A rumble started shaking the ground, I stumble a bit and as I could barely hear whirling mechanical noises from a far distance. "Shit" pushing my body to run faster, Kokoro and Chimney weren't too far behind me. My chest heaved as the keys in my pocket felt heavy. I can't stop now, I had my break already. They're depending on me. "I gotta free Robin and turn off that stupid machine!" I scream out as I ran faster, I get closer to some light. "Is this finally the exit!?" I shout out in glee only to immediately slide to the right to avoid debris flying around. Skidding to a stop I stand next to luffy as I look around and growl. There stood Lucci in front of a door. "Lucci!" I growled out. "Luffy I gotta get through, I've got three of-" I fall to my knees crying out in pain, the ringing got worse. Worse than anytime before. Lucci held up a remote with a button. "Ahh, sorry. My finger slipped on that sound device" luffy shouted in anger "Hey! your fight is with me!" I let out a shaky breath and stand up again, moving into a fighting stance as I take another deep breath. Luffy glanced at me and does a double take. "I-I got this Luffy" I mutter but he shakes his head. "Were's your scarf?" His voice was hard as I tilted my head to him.

Was he serious? From the looks of it he was. "It's with chopper" I gave him a smile, he returns it just as big and nods. I could feel warm blood dripping down the sides of my ears. With my head pounding I try to concentrate on my breathing. "You've been doing this alone haven't you?" Luffy voice was hard as I glanced at me once more. I stayed silent, unsure. I mean technically I wasn't alone, I had Sanji. Well he was unconscious, I had chopper? For a little bit. Luffy took that silence as a yes. "We're a crew and we look out for eachother. I know it's not something your used to, but you'll get used to it!" His voice was firm as he spoke proudly of his. Our crew, a smile grew on my face as we turned to face Lucci. Lucci stood in a fighting stance "finger pistol" Holding up my hammer as I lunged forward with luffy at my left. Lucci immediately stands behind me and hits my back.

I gasp in pain as I feel his finger hit my spine. Hitting the floor with a bang I groan in pain. "What the hell" I muttered to myself as I got up in a sitting position. Watching luffy getting punched by Lucci. "Captain, I gotta get through that door!" I shout out as i leap up, as my whole body groans at me. I lunge at Lucci. "Fire dragon: Phoenix Hammer!" I light my hammer in flames and swing at Lucci at full force. I stood before him shocked as only smoke arose from my attack. "What the?" I was confused to why my attack did nothing! Lucci stared at me narrowly and strikes. He immediately aimed for my stomach, he was quick giving me no time to react. "A-ack!" The impact of his punch caused me to cough up blood. "I'm impressed you've lasted this long. But from what Zachariah has given us, Dragon Slayers know no boundaries." His voice sent shivers up my body as my chested heaved in pain. "S-shut up, what the hell do you know?" I spatted angrily. "Gum-Gum" glared up at him. "I do know that it's your time to die, you Anomaly" Lucci raises his fists and positions himself to attack once more. "JET PISTOL!" Lucci is hit from the side by luffy with his attack. Lucci is thrown back away from me as I held tightly to my hammer.

He crashes into crates and other debris as I grinned slightly. Turning to look at my captain and stare in shock. "Gear Two!" With his right arm to the ground and his left hold his knee, he's bend down. With a pink glow to him. "Amazing" I mutter to myself as I fall to my knees. The ringing came again but it felt worse, I struggled to turn my head as pain shot through out my body and saw that Lucci with a sinister look held tightly to the remote with the button pushed. I push myself up and close my eyes. Placing my hammer on my back and took a deep breath. "Dragon Force" Opening my eyes as I felt my body a little bit more rejuvenated and leap forward.

Lucci wasn't expecting an attack as I swung my fists upwards. "Asshole! STOP PUSHING THAT BUTTON!" I growled angrily as my fists was engulfed in flames. "Fire dragon Crimson Loctus! Phoenix Blade!" I aimed for the remote and as expected his body moved, I grinned and roared as I hit the remote directly destroying it. Lucci stumbled back agitated as I stood proudly as I could fully hear once more. "Captain I need an opening!" I shout out as I turn to look at him.

Luffy nods and stares at Lucci. "I can't hold this for long, but it'll hold him off. Robin is Waiting!" I immediately start running to the door, I could hear Lucci getting up from my attack. "I told you before that you're not getting pass me!" Lucci shouted angrily as my eyes widen in disbelief. He turned into a leopard! "You're a devil fruit user!" I shouted out in confusion, I've seen him swim before. So he must have gotten it very recent. "First I'm going to dispose of you, Lilith C. Dragneel" I stood wide eye that he knew my full name. Positioning myself readying to fight him, luffy leaps and stands in-front of me. " Jet Whip!" Jumping in the air he whips his leg back and kicks at Lucci. He's thrown back stumbling and then regains his footing. "Have you forgotten that I haven beat you before with a single push while in this form?" Lucci manages to speak as he huffs staring at luffy. Turning my head to stare at my captain who had a blank face. "Oh that? I ate some meat and got over that" my mouth was wide as I was surprised at my captain's response.

I mean I did witness him trying to shove meat into his pockets. "Shave" Lucci disappears again as I try to concentrate on the sound of his breath. "Finger pistol!" I move my body to the left to avoid his attack. The breeze of his attack moves my hair to the side, he was aiming for my head. "Gum-gum" I leap forward to maintain a distance from Lucci, trying to stay out of the way for Luffy. My captain stretches his arms back and aims at Lucci. He lets his arms relax and the stretch of his arms ricochet towards Lucci "Jet BAZOOKA!" Hitting Lucci directly with a boom, the impacted caused air to push back at me. I stumbled a little and watched in amazement.

Luffy turns towards me. "COLE!! LOOK AFTER ROBIN!" He shouts at me as I run to the closed doors. Leaping up I light my arms with fire. "Fire dragon wing attack!" Slamming my arms down as I struck the door, forcing it open as flames surrounded me. Standing at the now open door, I sprint down the tunnel.
" IM ALL FIRED UP!"