smoking

Cole heard noises outside his room, and through the door made of bamboo and cloth, he could see the shadow, with the moonlight behind it, of someone passing in front of his room.

"Who's awake at this hour?" Cole muttered, getting out of bed and putting on his black slippers that were lying on the ground.

Usually he would rather stay in bed and not give a damn about what he saw outside his door, sometimes who was awake at this time was Jay going to the kitchen to get something to eat, or Lloyd going to prepare some prank like always. Yes, Cole had to say, Lloyd hadn't gotten rid of his bad side entirely, he was still playing horrible pranks with the fake snakes.

But the shadow he'd seen passing his door didn't look like Jay's or Lloyd's. He didn't see why Zane would be awake at this time, he wouldn't bother waking up at this time, and Kai? He wouldn't interrupt his magnificent beauty routine by waking up in the middle of the night, sleeping was one of the important things for beauty, and Kai would never do something that would destroy his charm.

Cole slowly slided the door to open it, trying not to make any noise, and when he walked out of his room he yawned and started rubbing his eyes.

He saw the shadow of the person from before step out into the open, and Cole, now more curious than before as he felt more awake, followed that person.

He peeked, only his head poking out of the corner of the wall, and noticed a boy he knew very well.

His team mate blew smoke out of his mouth, also taking a deep breath. If it wasn't for the moonlight, he might not have noticed the smoke that had come out of his friend's mouth.

"Kai ?!" Cole said, no longer hiding from behind the wall, the red ninja turned around, noticing the black ninja.

He had red eyes and two large bags under his eyes, in one hand between the index and middle finger had a lit cigarette and the other a pack of what he was smoking.

"Cole?" Kai asked, putting his hands behind his back. "Did i wake you up?" He asked with a smile like as if he wasn't doing anything wrong.

"Er- it doesn't matter, it matters what you're doing now," Cole said, pointing with one hand at the fire master's hands that were behind his back.

Kai rolled his eyes, and no longer finding a reason to hide his obsession with nicotine from Cole that by now it was too obvious that he could no longer hide this secret from him. He folded his arms, still holding the packet in one hand and the lit cigarette in the other.

"smoking" was what Kai replied, getting straight to the point. Cole looked at him for a moment, and as soon as he saw Kai bring the cigarette to his lips, Cole walked over to him and took his wrist, stopping him to inhale the smoke again.

"Hey!" Kai said, starting to get nervous. He just had to get the stress he was carrying out of his chest, and smoking helped him, but now that Cole was stopping him from inhaling the cigarette smoke again, he couldn't help but turn that stress into anger.

"let go!" Kai said, trying to get away from Cole's grip on his wrist. "Tell me why I should let you ruin your lungs," Cole asked, narrowing his eyes in nervousness as he continued to look him straight into the soul of the red ninja.

Kai narrowed his eyes as well as he looked at his teammate in anger, but then managed to break away from the earth master's grasp and brought the cigarette to his lips, tasting the smoke again and feeling it pass through his lungs.

"I need to release the stress somehow." It was the red ninja's response, turning his head and looking at the full moon that was shining light on the whole monastery. Cole took a deep breath, then smelled the smoke Kai had just let out of his mouth.

"And couldn't you find something else? You really had to choose to smoke-" Cole asked, this time also looking at the white moon.

Kai could only nod, letting the smoke out of his mouth once more. "It may be weird, but putting a cigarette on your lips and inhaling the nicotine inside it helps. Somehow." Kai said, resting his hand making it fall and swing on his arm with the cigarette still in hand.

Cole turned, looking at Kai who had his head down. Yes, he could see very well now, he was seriously tired. Mentally. And maybe, probably, physically too.

Cole didn't know what to do, the raven haired boy could look like a "powerful" looking boy with his body not so big, but strong enough, with the behavior of a gentleman and even as a teddy bear, but he was not good at helping someone in these certain situations.

"Ya want to talk about it?" Cole asked, this time also turning his body towards the ninja a little shorter than him.

He watched Kai sit on the few steps of the monastery and inhale that cigarette one last time. "I'm not good at expressing my .. feelings? But thanks," Kai said, now throwing that useless little piece of cigarette over the monastery wall, then giving Cole a little tired smile.

Cole nodded, sitting down next to the red ninja. He watched Kai raise his head to continue admiring the moon, but the raven haired boy admired instead the red ninja, he just couldn't take his eyes off his team mate.

Kai, feeling watched, turned his head to look at Cole, seeing the raven-haired boy's big eyes on him.

"I know I'm attractive, but you look like your going to eat me with your eyes," Kai said, smirking mischievously and putting a hand behind his neck, trying to hide his embarrassment, damnt it. It didn't go smoothly like he thought. And the butterflies he felt in his stomach didn't help him too and he could feel his cheeks turning pink, why Cole has to be so attractive under the moonligth?

How much he wanted to open his belly making butterflies fly away just like Zane.

Kai, unable to look Cole in the eyes anymore, he put a hand that was once behind his neck in front of his face, trying to cover his now red face, but not covering his eyes anyway, he found the floor very interesting.

He didn't know what was happening to him, usually in these situations he could contain his emotions when he was around Cole, but now that the master of the earth was looking at him like that with the moonlight behind him illuminating both of them it seemed like that his emotions didn't want to listen to Kai.

Kai saw Cole smile, but that smile turned into a grin. "What if there was something else instead of a cigarette on your lips?"

Kai looked at him confused, lowering his hand under his nose, no longer hiding his red cheeks, and watched Cole approach.

Kai felt Cole's hand grab the hand in front of his face by the wrist, and after a few moments, he felt the raven-haired boy's lips resting on his.

Kai could feel his eyes getting heavy, and so he closed his lids enjoying his mate's lips on his.

He could feel the raven-haired boy's hands resting lightly on his cheeks, and he did the same with the boy in front of him.

The kiss was so delicate, sweet. As if Cole didn't want to spoil his mouth. But then he felt the one year older boy's tongue on his lips, and not knowing what to do, he opened his mouth, feeling the raven-haired boy's warm, wet tongue slide into his mouth.

The kiss was no longer sweet, it was as if both had been hungry for a long time. You could hear the wet noises that both of their mouths made, sometimes they parted for some seconds to get a little bit of air and then re-emerge in the kiss.

For both of them, it seemed that the kiss didn't last long when the two had now separated, but in reality it had lasted much longer than they expected while they were exchanging saliva through the mouth.

"You know," Kai began, panting, "maybe you're right, I should change type of drugs," Kai said, approaching the lips of the master of the earth where he too was approaching, hungry for more.

Sorry for my bad english, it isn't my first language. I'll try to improve over time.