Merry Christmas, my love

Christmas has arrived, but.. at what cost, without him?

It has been a while since he had celebrated Christmas with his family, and he really missed that Christmas vibe with them, even with Jay surprisingly.

But this year, he would spend it with his "new" family, with some missing members. Nya missed Jay a lot, and he... he missed Cole a lot. Oh, Cole, he was so angry... that he almost wanted to strangle him.

Why didn't he come to the monastery with his sister? With Nya? When he heard from Nya that they (Nya and Sora) had met Cole, he was prepared to look around to see his lovely, punching, face. But then, immediately rigth after, always form his lil' sister, said that Cole hadn't come with them for reasons she hadn't specified,

Since that day, he felt a bit betrayed.

Hadn't he even thought about wanting to see him again? Him? Kai? His best friend?

With a deep and heavy sigh, he released the heaviness that was on his chest.

He didn't mind spending Christmas with his new family - aka Sora, Arin, and especially Wyldfyre - but he also wanted to spend time with him.

After... so long.

As he sailed on the sea of his deep thoughts, he turned on the bed to get comfortable, facing the clock.

It was 11:40 PM. The others were preparing some things for the Christmas dinner, and he wanted to help, seriously, but thinking about Cole led him to shut himself in his room.

But shortly rigth after, seeing something bright through his room's door, he followed that light that had started calling his name again running after it.

"Kai... kaI! Kai..." whispers, it was that ghost again that he had seen a long time ago, leading him under the secret base of the monastery.

Following it again, going down, under the secret base, he found himself having to chase that damn bouncing ghost again.

"Ah... wait!!" Kai yelled, tired and cold. How cold it was down there without his Ninja GI? (Yall Imagine him in pajamas).

Immediately after entering through one of those giant gates, a not-so-giant but not-so-small rock fell right in front of him, almost crushing him.

"What the hell!?" Kai exclaimed.

Jumping over that rock, he looked around, searching for that bright ghost. "Where are you.." the ninja whispered, narrowing his eyes.

Sighing, he sat on the rock, giving up searching for that bright light with a voice resembling his dear master.

He was so lost. He didn't know what to do anymore. He was almost starting to believe that ghost he had just seen was his imagination hoping to find something. Or rather, to find someone.

Then he felt something under him start to shake, and looking down, he saw that it was the rock that was about to fall on his head before.

"What..?" Kai whispered in confusion, watching that stone start to crack on its own.

And when he saw it stop self-destructing, he decided to be the one to make the final blow, crushing it with his foot.

Hesitating for a moment, he delivered the blow to the stone, making it split in two, revealing inside pink-colored stones and a pendant made with that same stone, along with a note that seemed to have been there for a while.

With a very confused face, he took the pendant and the note.

"This stone it's a Rose Quartz , do you know its meaning, Kai?" Kai widened his eyes as soon as he read the first sentence in the note.

Cole often talked to him about stones that his mother explained to him and told him stories about when he was little, along with their legends. And often, when he started talking about colored stones, he always started... with that sentence.

"It means... the stone of love and emotional openness. This stone... is made just for you... it stimulates compassion, promotes self-love, and fosters balance in relationships. Haha, Kai... I hope you'll feel compassion for me. That when we meet again, things will still be the same, and that now you can trust yourself after so long that we ninjas have been alone... I hope you understand why I didn't come with Nya and Sora.. to you, to the monastery. That when we meet again, you won't beat me up for this reason or that things between us hasn't changed after so long. And that when I see you, I hope that you have more confidence in yourself and in your element. Kai. I intended to give you this stone before the merge started. Along with something else. Maybe you guessed what I mean by something else with the meaning of the stone I just told you... hahah... am I seriously writing a laugh on a note? Kai, the things you make me do are always bizarre because you never make me think clearly, because every time I think of you, you only make me think of how much I want you so damn much that it might kill me soon, for how many times I thought about it. I miss you so much, Kai. Your angry face, your smile, your soft hair that you let me touch to fall asleep at night, the deep talks we often had..." Kai smiled as he looked up at the ceiling in embarrassment and happiness, remembering all those moments he spent with the rock brain.

Then skipping through the list that Cole made of everything he loved about him or every moment they spent together, too embarrassing for him to think about, he found where the list ended, "you probably skipped most of the things I just listed by looking at the ceiling" Kai blushed reading that sentence, narrowing his eyes and sending a threatening look to the letter, "but it doesn't matter, I know you're very shy deep down, (I really wish you could see me smiling maliciously right now)"

"But anyway, leaving aside what I just said now, in summary, Kai. I love you.
I just want to let you know, I wanted to let you know for at least four years. Before all this mess happened.

Kai, I miss you so terribly much, that every time I see the stars, I so often think of you that now the night scares me. I'm sorry I'm not with you again this year for Christmas. But at least this time, I managed to find a way - I hope it seriously reached you, Kai - to tell you at least,

Merry Christmas, and I love you.
- Cole. "

Feeling wet cheeks, Kai wiped them with the palms of his hands, along with the pendant he had in his hand.

Then, getting up from the ground, he put the necklace with the stone around his neck and showed a smile, but not an extremely happy or sad smile, calm.

He took the note and the rock with those precious stones inside with him and went back up at the monastery.

They are probably looking for him now.

.•*•.

Uh
Hey?

I know, it's been so long since I made my self hear the last time.

and I am sorry
terribly sorry

I don't wanna specify why or what happened but now I am back.

And I'm again sorry, this was made at last minute.

Idk if i'm gonna continue writing ANYTHING or not, but if I am, i gotta get used to writing, again.

Anyway, at least I made it saying to yall, Merry Christmas!

And have a cookie, yall 🍪