doubts

Everyone was at the table, eating Zane's delicious dinner; fortunately, for the ninjas, it was his turn to cook. Not... instead another person, specifically a guy with raven hair.

Zane wasn't eating, he was a nindroid, he could eat but it wasn't necessary for him. In fact, he preferred to watch his brothers eat for him, and it didn't bother them (apart from the first few days since he returned from Chen Island).

However today he didn't seem .. himself? Zane sat with his brothers at the table as usual, but he was silent, much in thought, for a nindroid.

And Kai noticed this different behavior of his brother in front of him, deciding that after dinner he would talk to him.

As soon as they finished eating, Zane brought dessert at the table: chocolate cake! Cole's favorite cake.

Cole gobbled down three slices of the ice ninja's cake with a smile placed on his face, and at the sight, Kai smiled. The childlike demeanor of the strongest ninja among them made the ninja next to him always feel butterflies in his stomach.

And then he looked straight ahead again, noticing Zane smiling a little at him, or maybe at Cole. He didn't have time to figure out who he was giving that little smile between them, Zane had quickly looked away.

After dinner, everyone had headed to the living room, leaving Zane to do the dishes, since he was always a candidate to do it.

Usually Kai immediately went to his room to rest, but right now he was in the living room with all the others waiting for Zane to finish washing the dishes and be together with them, all together, and as soon as the nindroid finished what he had to do, went instead to his room, using the excuse "I can't stay with you guys today, I have to help my falcon friend".

Kai got up and immediately followed Zane.

He knocked on the door and then walked in, Zane was seriously fixing his falcon it seems, and the white ninja smiled at him.

"Need something?" Zane asked. Kai shook his head. "No, I just came here to check on you," he said, sitting up on the nindroid's bed.

Zane raised an eyebrow. "oh?" That was all he could say.

Kai 'pat pat' 's with one hand on the mattress to indicate the place next to him on the bed and Zane sat at that spot. "Why did you come to check on me?" Zane asked, almost silently.

Kai raised an eyebrow "At dinner you were sad, why?" Zane raised both eyebrows, surprised that someone had figured out something was wrong with him.

"Um..." Zane muttered, something he almost never did. Kai placed a hand on his shoulder, causing Zane to lift his head to face him.

"Look, you can tell me anything that bothers you, like you let us tell all our problems to you," Kai told him, and Zane smiled, happy to have a brother like him.

Zane nodded and began to tell. "I'm sad because I don't understand why you and Cole aren't together yet," Zane said out of the Blue.

Kai began to cough, his saliva choking him because Zane's answer wasn't what he expected.

Zane got up concerned and started making circles with one hand on Kai's back. "Everything OK?" asked the ice ninja. Kai just nodded.

"W-why that question," Kai asked, recovering from his choking with his own saliva.

"You're so in love with each other, but you're not together yet..and I'm wondering when you two will be together for quite a while now. A month ago I thought you two were a couple but Nya told me you weren't! and I was a bit sad to be honest" Kai narrowed his eyes and blushed a little.