10- Adrienne

Saturday at the track

Today is the day that I'm meeting up with Mick to hang out. I'm super nervous because this will be the first time that I will be watching one of the qualifiers in a garage other than the Ferrari garage. I don't want to have too much paparazzi attention from being seen with Mick. It's bad enough when I'm seen with my brother or his friends, but the drama will be ten times worse when they see me with Mick. Along with me getting the attention of the paparazzi I don't want Mick or Charles to constantly have to answer questions about me when they should be answering questions about their on track performance.

As I was getting ready for the day at the track I saw a text from the girls in our group chat asking if we wanted to all meet up and grab coffee. Although I wanted to meet up with the girls I also knew that I had plans with Mick so I texted the girls back.

*Text message*

Adrienne: Hey girls I'd love to get coffee, but I can't today since I will be spending the day with Mick

Luisinah: Oh girl finally spending a day with Mick and it's at the track. Why didn't we know about this though

Adrienne: Lu it's not anything that special or deep

Kelly: Of course it is A. First you spent time with Mick and grabbed food the other day, but now he invited you to the track and let me guess you're watching from the Haas garage today even though you have access to the Ferrari garage since Charles is your brother.

Adrienne: Yes I am watching from the Haas garage. I didn't realize how big of a deal this was though

Isa: Hey girls, I just read the messages. Adrienne it is kind of a big deal. Any time a driver brings a girl into the paddock that he's not family/related to it brings a lot of attention.

Adrienne: Is it really that big of a deal? Should I text Mick and tell him I can't come to the Haas garage?

Charlotte: Adri don't change your mind and get scared. I know this is nerve racking for you especially with your past relationships, but don't change your plans. Mick is a good guy and he won't purposely hurt you

Adrienne: I don't think he'll hurt me, but I'm scared that he is just putting on a good guy act and will turn out to be a completely different person

Luisinah: I agree with Charlotte and I'm sure the other girls also agree with Charlotte. You know we're here for you with anything you need

*End of text message*

It was time for me to head out to the track with Charles. He was my ride to the track. Once we got there I started to become nervous again. I hung out in the Ferrari garage with Charles for a little while. I had both the Ferrari pass and Haas pass on. I looked at my watch and decided it was time to go to the Haas garage. Before I left I told Charles I was going to the Haas garage, wished him good luck in quali and that I'll see him later.

I made my way to the Haas garage and once I was there Mick spotted me right away. Once I walked into the Haas garage Mick saw me as he was getting his gear on for quali. I walked over and stood in front of him. As he was getting ready we were catching up on the last couple of days since I had work and couldn't watch the first free practice. Once Mick had his gear on he got into his car and I wished him good luck. Once he went out to the grid Gary (Mick's engineer) gave me a headset which allowed me to listen into the radio. Normally when I'm in the Ferrari garage I listen to Charles' radio so this isn't anything new. However, it is new listening to another teams radio and for a driver that isn't my brother.

*Skip quali*

Once qualifiers was finished Mick came back into the garage and changed out of his gear. He had a quick meeting with the engineers so while he went to that meeting I went to Charles to tell him good job and hang out with him until Mick is finished. After about twenty five minutes Mick texted me that he was outside of the Ferrari garage waiting for me. Once I got this text I got up and hugged Charles goodbye since I'm getting dinner with Mick. Walking out of the Ferrari garage I walked towards Mick. Once I was in front of him we walked towards his car together. However, as we were walking we started to get swarmed by both fans and paparazzi. As we were walking I was getting bombarded with questions by paparazzi about what I'm doing with Mick and also just about Charles in general. We quickly made it to Mick's car. Mick opened the door for me and once we were both in the car and buckled in Mick quickly drove away.