22- Mick

In between practices I checked my phone scrolling through my instagram. I saw that Adrienne had posted pictures of her day at the beach. I'm glad she has been having some time to wind down and relax. Since it was in between practices I was able to quickly leave a comment on her post. After I left a comment on her post she texted me telling me I'd do amazing in practice. Before going out to the next practice I walked through the paddock. As I'm walking through the paddock I heard Charles call my name. He jogged up to me. Once he had caught up to me we walked together through the paddock and talked about Adrienne and about what we were planning on doing over break. I didn't really have a plan for break, but I know that I wanted both Adrienne and I to be able to spend time with our families so we can have time to relax and have family time. I was hoping to talk to Adrienne to see if she wanted to spend time with my family for a couple of days and I would spend time with her family too.

After walking through the paddock for our short break in between practices Charles and I had to go back to our respective garages to do FP2. Charles told me to do well and I was on my way back to my garage. Once I was back in the garage I went to my drivers room and got my racing gear on. I hopped in the car and did my radio check. The practices went by quickly and I was finally able to head to the hotel for the rest of the night. Once I arrived at the hotel I quickly took a shower, changed into clean clothes and FaceTimed Adrienne. She picked up after a couple of rings. Once she picked up she smiles and asks how FP2 went. We talked for a couple more minutes before it was time for me to go do my media duties.

After all the media duties were finished I was exhausted. I went back to the hotel, washed up and got ready for bed. I pulled out my phone and was scrolling through instagram and texting Adrienne. Although I love racing and my job I couldn't help but worry and miss Adri. The countdown to going home has already started. Charles and I both agreed to fly back together since we would both be going to see Adrienne after the weekend anyway. After checking my phone and seeing what time I had to head back to the track tomorrow. I set my alarm and watched a movie until I started to become tired.

I only was able to get a couple hours of sleep before it was time to head to the track for quali. Once Charles and I arrived in the paddock we both wished each other good luck and went our separate ways. When I walked into the Haas garage I went to my drivers room. I was shocked to see Adrienne standing there leaning against the couch in the room. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. "Does your brother know you're here?" Adrienne shook her head "Arthur and Lorenzo know I'm here, but we all wanted to surprise him so I have to go over there soon because I don't want him to drive while distracted since I haven't been answering his texts." I nodded my head and decided to walk with her to the garage. Charles only saw me at first until Carlos whispered something in his ear and he looked to the right of me. He smiled and walked up to Adrienne for a quick hug. Charles looked like he had a lot of questions, but before he could ask any questions he got called into a meeting with Fred and his engineers.