23- Charles

I couldn't believe what I saw when Carlos told me to look to the left. Adi told me that she couldn't come to the gp because she was busy with work, but this is a welcomed surprise. When I walked over to her I gave her a hug, but before we could talk I was called into a meeting with the team. I didn't want to leave her, but I knew Mick was with her and that Arthur, Enzo, and Pierre will also be with her.

The meeting was long and boring. After what felt like an hour, but it was really only thirty minutes the meeting was finally over. I got up, pushed my chair in and went outside. When I walked out of the motorhome I saw Adi with Alex and they were both talking looking deep in conversation. Adi showed Alex something on her phone and they were both laughing so hard. I walked up to join them, but right as I was going to give Adi another hug I was pushed out of the way. It was Kika and she and Adi were hugging. I was so shocked at what just happened meanwhile Pierre was just laughing at me, "mate you got replaced and pushed out of the way by Kika."

All three of the girls were just talking and taking pictures together. All of us boys were just standing off to the side and talking amongst ourselves. Although all of us wanted to be with the girls we knew that they needed their time amongst themselves to have their girl talk. It was great knowing that Adi has such good friends within the girlfriends and wives because I know that it was hard for her to make friends growing up being my little sister. Seeing her truly happy right now makes me the happiest I can be. However, as the girls kept talking I noticed Adi started to look sad and tears started rolling down her face. Soon after that the girls walked over to us. As soon as they reached us Adi came to me and put her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back up and down comfortingly. I know when she's like this she doesn't want to talk and just wants comfort.

The rest of the group were just looking at us. As Adi and I were hugging Enzo and Arthur joined us too. Although I'm the closest with Adi I know that Arthur and Enzo are always here for her. Everyone looked worried. Pierre and Mick looked worried for a different reason compared to the girls. I was confused as to what made Adi snap like this, but the reason isn't my biggest concern right now. My biggest concern is calming and comforting her. Once she started to calm down I had her follow me to my drivers room along with my brothers and Mick so we could have some privacy.

Once we got into my room I led Adi to the couch in my room and gave her some warm clothes to wear. I sat on one side of her and the rest of the boys stood. She still was crying quietly, but she was at a state where she is finally able to tell us what happened. "I know you three are worried about me, but I thought I saw Matt here and I panicked. I'm okay now I promise." I was shocked to hear that she thought she saw him. I looked at Enzo, Arthur, and Mick and they were just as shocked as I was. I looked at her " Adi it is a big deal. You have to stay with one of us at all times until I can hire security for you." She looked at me and opened her mouth like she was going to argue with me, but when she saw how worried, scared and serious I was she agreed.

"I have fp2 soon, but I want you stay in here with Enzo and Arthur. If you really want to watch in the garage I want to be able to communicate with you through the radio." She nodded and went to stand in between Enzo and Arthur. I walked out to get ready for fp2. Mick gave Adi a kiss goodbye and told her he'll be back after practice. As soon as the door to my room opened Kika and Alex ran into the room to be with Adi which I was grateful for because I know that having the girls with her also brings her some comfort.

I put on my helmet and had my radio check with Xavi and tried to focus on practice. I drove out for my outlap and did one lap but they weren't my best so Xavi came on the radio "Charles what's going on you're p11 right now and you're never this far back you need to focus." I heard his radio and quickly replied "Understood Xavi I will keep pushing on the next lap." Even though I told Xavi I would push more on the next lap I still wasn't focused. I opened the radio back up "Xavi I need to box and retire the car." He immediately responded "Charles why do we need to box. No issue with the car." I groaned frustrated because I just wanted to be with my little sister "Xavi it's an important and difficult family matter. I am boxing now and retiring." He sighed and spoke "Copy box now box. You can park the car and we will turn off the engine."