Chapter 2

S2:E8 "Rose"

A loud knock was heard at the door.

"Stay here with them and don't make a sound." Rose said as she walked up the stairs to open the door.

Selene and Elena stated at each other before focusing their attention on the conversation in the next room.

The only words they could pick out were "Katerina", "doppelganger", "freedom" and "soulmate".

Selene sat back down looking around the room hurriedly as she heard footsteps approach them as Elena was pacing around the room.

They both looked up to see Rose and a guy who was probably Elijah. He vampire sped infront of Elena leaning in before smelling her neck.

"Human, it's impossible." His voice was raspy.

Selene stood up infront of the couch ready to protect Elena if needed.

"That's creepy."

Everyone's eyes went to her, they didn't expect her to say anything especially to an original.

Elijah walked up to her slowly as she backed away.

"He got the details correct." He mumbled looking shocked to see her.
"Hello there."

"Hi?" She was confused as to why he was being nice to her.

**********

He moved closer to them.

"We have a long journey ahead. We should get going." He remained eye contact with Selene his dark brown eyes never leaving her emerald green ones.

Elena moved towards Rose. "Please don't let him take us." She begged.

"One last piece of business then we're done." He said while walking away towards to Trevor.

"I have waited so long for this day Elijah. I'm truly very sorry." Trevor apologised.

"Oh, no your apologies not necessary."

"Yes, yes it is." Trevor argued. "You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you."

"Well, yes, you are the guilty one." Elijah agreed. "And Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That I honor."

"Where was your loyalty?" Elijah questioned.

"I beg your forgiveness."

"So granted." Elijah accepted.

Selene had a gut feeling something bad was about to happen so she covered Elena's eyes.

Her gut was right.

Elijah smacked Trevors head off clean, as hid body hit the floor. The blood spilling everywhere.

"You-" Rose started.

"Don't, Rose." Elijah stopped her. "Now that you're free."

Rose let out a cry as Selene wrapped her arms around her.

"Come." Elijah demanded.

"No, what about the moonstone?" Elena questioned

"What do you know about the moonstone?"