Chapter 14

Chapter 14- As I lay dying.

Selene was rushed to the woods, her hair all over her face. She sits down, resting on a tree, trying to catch her breath. She looks ahead, there standing was a large, black wolf. It's light blue eyes staring right back at her. She tries not to move, but flinches when it takes a step forward.

As the wolf takes a step, Selene moves to stand behind Elijah, shielding herself from the animal. Elijah chuckles at her reaction, and holds her arm.

"He will not hurt you." Elijah informs her, pulling her to stand next to him. "Put your hand out."

Selene looks at Elijah worriedly, as she's pulled next to him. She sighs, and hesitantly places her right arm out, her palm facing the night sky. She watches as the wolf moves even closer to her. It stops, centimetres away from her hand.

After a few seconds, the wolf sniffs Selene's hand. "What's he doing...?"

"Recognising your scent. He's wondering if he can trust you." Elijah answers her, slightly smiling.

The wolf rubs his furred head against Selene's leg. She sits down, leaning against a tree.

Looking at Elijah, as the wolf lays his head into her lap, he sends her a confused glance. Looking down at the wolf, his eyes were closed. Selene took this as a sign to rub his fur, instantly relaxing when the wolf melts into her.

After a while, the witch fell asleep. The wolf went to get some food, Elijah with him.

******

In the morning, Klaus was back at her side, but in his human form. Selene wakes up, the sun in her face. She went to pet the wolf, but was met with soft skin. Instantly, she stands up to see what was in her lap.

It was a naked Klaus.

She lets out a small squeal, waking Klaus.

Klaus wakes up naked in the forest. He looks at the sun and smiles. Elijah throws him some clothes. He turns his head to him, after winking at a red Selene, who's eyes were covered by her hands.

"You've been busy." Elijah informs with a smirk.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" He asks.

"Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." The older vampire replies.

Klaus gets dressed. "I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember everything." Selene clears her throat, and avoids his gaze.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

"Just like old times, brother."

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain."

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." Klaus put on his shirt.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus." Elijah reminds him.

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me."

"I could have. But I didn't." Elijah helps Klaus put on his jacket.

"Thank God, cause that shit hurt." Selene complains, rubbing her chest. Elijah sends her an apologetic look, to which she nods at.

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven." The hybrid gloats.

"Where are they?"

"You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough." Klaus starts walking away.

*******