Chapter 9

Chapter 9- The house guest

Damon was trying to burn Elijah's body with a flame gun but it didn't work. Katherine and Selene joined him.

"Mmm, burning flesh. If you're trying to get the dagger back, you're wasting your time. He's indestructible." Katherine informed

"No kidding. How do you know so much about Original vampires?" He asked.

"Spent 500 years running from one." She answered, still in Elena's clothes.

"So when I told you my plan to kill Elijah, why didn't you warn me that I'd die if I used the dagger on him?" He asked again.

"Why did you dagger him?" Selene was ignored.

"Oh, there are so many rules. It's all very confusing."

"Did you know I would die?" He asked again.

"Did Elijah tell you his plan? Did he have a dagger to kill Klaus with?" Katherine countered.

"Why are you still here?" He looked back at Elijah.

"Because you haven't forcibly removed me." Katherine turned to Damon.

He pointed the flame gun threateningly at her.

"You wouldn't." Katherine laughed.

"Oh, I would." He took a step forward.

"Damon, be smart. I want Klaus dead just as much as you do. More. If I wasn't honest about helping, I'd be long gone by now, okay? You can hate me. But we want the same thing. And you know...I always get what I want." She reasoned. He lowered the flame gun. She was about to leave. "I wanted out of the tomb. Didn't matter who paid the price. Of course, I knew that you'd die."

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt," Selene whispered forgetting about the two vampires in the room, who turned to look at her.

********

Selene was in the Salvatore library, and now that Elijah was dead, she needed another way to learn about her newfound powers.

Searching through the 'Supernatural section' she picked up one of Emily Bennet's Diaries. Flipping through the pages she found one with smudged ink and messy handwriting.

Emily Bennet

16 September 1861

I had a dream last night, I think it was her. The power was like no other. She is coming. And no one can stop her. She is the destroyer of all worlds. We pray that she may never get her hands on The book of the damned.

"What the...!" She shut the book and turned around to find Stefan standing in the doorway.

"What're you reading?" He asked walking closer to get a good look at the book.

"Nothing, just trying to find out more about my powers."

She received a raised eyebrow. "Well let's go. Damon's probably found something."

********

"What did papa witch and baby witch have to say?" Damon asked, without turning around.

"Isn't she gone or dead yet?" Stefan asked motioning toward the doppelgänger.

"For the last time, I'm here to help. Can we skip the secrets, hmm?" She asked.