Chapter 12

Chapter 12- The last day.

When Klaus exited the box, Selene was shocked to day the least. So shocked she spat out her drink on Katherine's dress.

Her theory was true.

She was dreaming about the Big Bad Wolf for months without realising it.

Klaus possessed curled dirty blond hair and dark blue-green eyes that contrasted with his pearl-white skin. As a vampire, he was well-built. Klaus possessed a delicate and yet masculine face. His height was around six feet, making Selene's nose just about reach his chin.

The witch didn't know what to exactly say. He was handsome, handsome enough to see why Katherine fell for his tricks.

"Hello love." His lip twitched into a smirk as he gazed at Selene.

*********

Katherine is looking for a blood bag in the fridge. While Selene is raiding the cupboards for some more drinks. She hears the key in the lock. She gets up and goes to the door. It's Alaric. He stands outside his apartment without entering.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back."

"Well, somebody had to invite him in. Damon. Would you like to, uh, come in?" Alaric asks.

"Oh, hey Alaric. By the way you ran out of drinks." Selene turns around relieved, but disappointed her father didn't come.

Damon comes in and she rushes over to him.
"Are you trying to get me killed?"
He pushes her against the wall.
"I gave you vervain, now I'm here to collect. I got it from here, 'Lar."

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah, only one of us needs to get blamed for this. Get back in the house. Keep Elena from handing herself over." He reassures.

"Okay." He leaves.

"Get blamed for what?" Selene asks, giving up looking for more alcohol.

"I need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf."

"Why? What are you going to do?" Katherine questions.

"Dead werewolf equals no ritual." He states.

"No. You can't interfere, Damon. Klaus will kill you and everyone you've ever met."

"I just need to delay this thing."

"No. No way." She denied.

"You should like this. It's going to buy another month of your pathetic life." Damon assumed.

"Right. Except that I'm not the vampire he's planning on sacrificing."

"What?" He turned to Selene who confirmed.

"Yeah. He's got Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear."

"And where'd he get that idea from?" He goes toward her. She holds her hands up in innocence.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey, I'm just trying to stay alive long enough to get myself out of here." She stopped him.

"What if I told you Elena had vampire blood in her system?"

"What?!"
"DAMON? What'd you do?"

"Imagine how much fun that will be competing with Elena for Stefan's love for, I don't know, forever." He manipulates.

"The tomb. He's got them in the tomb." She gives in.

"Thank you."

********