Chapter 8

2x15- The Dinner Party

Selene was in the living room and sitting on the couch with a book in her hand when Erik walked in with Jenna.

"Hey, sweetheart." He paused. "Jenna and I were going on a little history trip with Elijah, and we were wondering whether you wanted to join us." He nodded his head, giving a sign that he wanted her there.

*******

Elijah, Selene, and Jenna are walking.

"The old Fell property starts just beyond that fence," Jenna said.

"Ah, the Fells... one of the Founding Families." Elijah sighed.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna pondered.

"My research showed me that this area was settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?"

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families... They didn't find anything." Elijah replied.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jeena said.

"Yes, they are." Eric rejoined them.

"Elijah, this is my...friend, Eric Maximoff." She hesitated, earning a frown from the father.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. Where to next?" He asked.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." The vampire answered.

Well, I only brought the surveys. I got the list in the car. just give me a sec." She goes to her car, leaving the three alone.

"Eric Maximoff. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"So is my daughter and Jenna." He emphasised.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't pursue younger women." He spares a look to Selene. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up." He mocked.

"Right."

*******

Selene, Elijah, and Jenna rejoined Eric. Damon and Andie at the Mystic Grill.

"Hey, guys." Jenna greeted.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today." Damon teased.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna replied

"Well, as much as I'd love to continue this, I am dying for some sleep." Eric got up.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Andie, Damon's girlfriend, suggested.

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?" Damon put his arm around her.