Chapter 10

Chapter 10- The last dance.

Elena and Bonnie are with a lawyer. Elena is signing papers.

"Please sign here and here." The lawyer pointed. Elena took the pen. "Okay.''

"So this place is all yours? They just gave it to you?" Bonnie asked.

"For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean." The doppelgänger hinted.

"Your safe house."
"That's the idea"
"Wouldn't want to clean it." Elena laughed.

*******

"You think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked.

"She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..." Stefan trailed off.

"We just need to find him." Damon finished.

"Yeah."

"Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" He asked again.

"Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked."

"Hey, if Elijah and Klaus are both Originals. Wouldn't that mean they had a type of relationship or something?" Selene asked.

The brothers shared a look.

"Do you think he killed her?"

"Katherine? Probably." He guessed.

"It's not like she didn't have it coming." Damon said.

Elena opened the door. The lawyer left, as Selene entered the mansion.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry," Elena said.
Stefan and Damon walked to the threshold but an invisible force kept them out.

"Thanks." Elena grabbed her bag.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked, stopping her.

"To school."

"Huh?"

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Damon said.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan said.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner." Elena replied. She looked at Damon.

"Tsk. Your way, Elena." He gave up.

"Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know I can." Bonnie threatened.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on." They left. Stefan looked at Selene and Damon.

"Wait, um, coming." He left with them."

They grow up so fast!" Selene sniffles wiping away a fake tear.

********