Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Klaus

Klaus/Alaric is at the door with Maddox. Katherine is making coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." The warlock informed the Hybrid.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get."

Even though she didn't want to admit it, Selene was quite eager to see what the big bad actually looked like. She wanted to know if he was as scary as he was described. Was he a Redhead, did he have green eyes, did he have rosy cheeks. She didn't know what to feel.

Maddox leaves. Klaus/Alaric closes the door.

"Where is he going?" Katherine's raspy voice stopped her imagination. She holds out her coffee for Klaus.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do." He answered, dismissing the coffee.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" Katherine asked.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us." He puts the moonstone on the table. "I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse."

"And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you."

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger."

"I didn't realize that was a requirement."

"Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were."

"Tension..." Selene whispered. Both vampires stared at the witch, concerned.

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt."

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on."

He compels her. "You can't leave until I tell you to." He turns to Selene. "Don't even think about leaving, if you do... I'm sure your father would be a very tasty snack." He threatened, leaving.

"Motherfucker!" She shouted, when he was no longer in the house.

Both girls moved to the couch, Selene on one end, a pillow on her stomach and her legs on Katherine's lap, not taking them off when she recieved a glare.

"I'm bored!" She complained. "Tell me a story or something."

Katherine rolled her eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to get rid of the brunette, she set down her cup and got comfortable. "The first time I met Klaus was at his birthday party in 1492 when Elijah introduced me to him."

"So where is this mysterious host I've heard so much about?" She asked Elijah.

"Fashionably late. He likes to make an entrance." He answered. Elijah saw someone coming down the stairs. "Here he is."

Klaus was hidden by the crowd. Katerina was looking for him. She finally saw him. He rejoined them.

"Katerina, may I introduce to you the lord Niklaus." Elijah introduced.

"Wait, his name is... Niklaus?" Selene stopped realising something.

"Yeah, it means 'Victor of the people' or something like that." Katherine confirmed.

"дерьмо!" (shit!) Selene mumbled.

She curtsied to Klaus. Klaus took and kissed her hand.