Chapter 4

S2x10- The sacrifice

(Clank)

Selene shifted in her bed, rubbing her eyes feeling someone in her room. Thinking nothing of it, she closed her eyes again trying to go to sleep.

A dark figure was in the corner of her room staring at it as she slept. She got up hearing a door slam.

She walked into the hallway checking to see if anyone was there. She jumped and turned around seeing Jenna.

"Selene, hey!"

"Um, I heard something, thought someone broke in." She justified.

Her dad appeared behind Jenna.

"That was us." He said running his hands through his hair looking at Jenna.

The same dark figure came into Selene's room, taking some of her belongings.

Jenna left to go to the bedroom.
"I'm really, really sorry."

"It's okay, dad don't worry about it." She said standing infront of her door.

The figure took a photo and stuffed it into their pocket.

Selene walked back into her room, she had a odd feeling.

*********

"You don't believe her do you?"

"No of course not, we just want the moonstone." Said Damon while playing with a piece of fruit.

"According to Rose, Slater said there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan informed us.

"No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you live." Damon explained.

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asked.

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan answered.

"I think I can." Selene spoke up, confusing Damon and Stefan.

"How?" They asked

"When Elijah kidnapped us, something happened, I blasted him, with some powers I think." She explained.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

She ignored them and carried on talking. "Well, I did some research and I found out I can manipulate forms of energy."

Elena sighed and looked at the brothers and Selene.

"How do you even know this is gonna work?"

"Because we have a crafty witch on our side and whatever Selene is." Damon answered.

"You discussed it with Bonnie."

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us, Bonnie just needs to find a way to hold the seal long enough for us to get the moonstone and get out."

"Wow, it sounds like you guys have it all planned out, except for one thing. I don't want you to do it."

"Elena we don't have a choice."

"What about Klaus?" Elena reasoned.

"We'll find him after we get the stone." Stefan replied.

"Is that before or after he killed everyone that I care about including the 3 of you." She argued.

She walked away leaving Stefan, Damon  and Selene to stare at each other.

********

"It's a bad idea."

"No its not, Your friend Slater obviously had more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it."

"Because someone blew up a coffee shop with us in it."

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it."

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Rose asked.

"Because you owe me, one word from me and Damon and Stefab could havekilled you for kidnapping me."

Manipulative much. Selene thought.

"Or maybe its because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this." She sits down next to Elena facing her.

"What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?"

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight."

"Elena..." Selene sighed

"I've been a slave to the shadows for 500 years. What do you think?" Rose asked sarcastically.

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if your willing to make a deal."

***********

"Slater.... Slater, it's Rose. Open up." She shouts.

She looks at Elena. "Not at home, sorry."

Elena puts her hand up shaking her head. "We didn't come all the way out here for nothing."

Rose rolls her eyes pushing the doors open. "After you."

The three of them cautiously walk inside the house.

"I don't think he's gonna be much help." Rose says staring at the ground at a very dead Slater.