Chapter 13

Chapter 13- The sun also rises

Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire. Annie who is now awake, is kneeling in hers.

"How're you feeling?" Elena worries.

"I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything."

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts."

Annie's eyes were glistening with tears. "I'm gonna die, aren't I?"

"No! Annie, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do."

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena and Annie. Annie's head snaps towards the sound.

"Who's that?" Annie's asks.

"That must be the werewolf."

Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain.

"What's happening to me?" Jules cries out.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta answers with no remorse. Greta moves away, flicks her wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Jules.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena reasons.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order."

Klaus arrives his hand around Selenes waist, as she didn't try to escape, "Glad to know I still have a dance partner." He looks at Elena, Annie and Jules. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?"

*******

Jules, Elena, and Annie are still contained in the rings of fire. Jules continues to moan in pain.

Selene is sitting up against a tree, her head buried into her arms as she closed her eyes trying to block out the crackling of the fire, Jules horrific cries and the smell of fresh paint and pomegranates.

Lately, Selene was exhausted from the lack of sleep she had been receiving. Every time she would try to sleep, she felt like she was at her home country, as it was getting destroyed. Replays and Replays of her families death.

Also not to mention the fact that she had reoccurring dreams. A floating woman surrounded by a red sky.

She kept that information to herself, not that she would be able to tell anyone as she was held captive by a murderous hybrid, who by the way, was her "soulmate" as Bonnie and Caroline explained it.

The soulmate in question, was up on a nearby hill, Klaus retrieves the moonstone from his pocket. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." Klaus hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky.

"The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?" She asks.

"I remember."

Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Klaus approaches the rings of fire. Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena.