Broken

~Luke's POV~
"Her eyes! They opened just for a second. I'm not sure what happened. I saw her stir a little bit and her eyes fluttered. That's all." I'm telling this to Chris's parents. "I can't help them. I wish I could. All the doctor said was that she either fights thru this now, today, and wakes up, or they pronounce her dead." I'm fighting off tears. I don't want to seem like the weak one. Her mom is already sobbing and so is her brother. I have to be the strong one.
"That's... That's all you know?" Her mom asks me desperate for more answers. For more information.
"That's it." I say it simply. I can't fight the tears off any longer. I can feel them pouring out of my eyes.
"Sir, we would like you to come into the hospital room please" The nurse escorts me into B-110. My baby's hospital room. Where she's been for the past year.
I look inside and I see Chris. She's sitting up and you can tell she's wide awake. She smiles brightly at me and tries to bounce out of the hospital bed.
"Ms. Please stay there for now." I hear a nurse ask Christine."
"Of course. Sorry."
I'm at a loss for words. I feel as if the weight of the world was on my chest and it was lifted. I was drowning and now, I'm on a raft and I can just float.
I have no idea what to say. I never though I'd get the chance to hear Chris's voice, to see her smile, to feel her touch or to kiss her awakened lips. I just can't believe it. She's here. She's back. She won.
"Sir, we've asked her several questions to see if she has sustained her memory. We asked her if she knew what her name was, she said Christine Scott. We asked how old she was, she said 15 (she's 16 now. It's been a year sense she was awake). We asked if she knew why she was here, she said no. We're not sure what she does and doesn't remember about herself and her surroundings. We want you to ask her if she recognizes you." The doctor explains all this to me.
I walk over to her. "Christine, do you know who I am?"
She stares at me.
"Ummmm... I'm not sure. What's your name?" She asks puzzled
"It's Luke Hemmings."
"Nope. But I'd like to get to know you. I'm Christine Scott and I'm 16 years old now."
Chris forgot who I am. She forgot me...