Chapter 4

📍 Norway | November 2017

Loki fell to the ground as the portal went over him and Thor.

Thor chuckled, seeing Loki fall before looking around them.

They were on a cliff with beautiful, undisturbed nature. He heard the ocean nearby.

Thor furrowed his brows, seeing an alone figure stands at the other side of the meadow at the cliff's edge and waves crashing below, "Father?"

Odin stood on his back facing his sons, dressed plainly in humble human clothes.

The brothers approached him quickly as he spoke, "Look at this place. It's beautiful."

"Father, it's us," Thor said, standing beside Odin.

"My sons. I've been waiting for you."

Loki was surprised to hear Odin call him his son.

"I know. We've come to take you home," Thor told his father.

"Home, yes. Your mother, she calls
me. Do you hear it?" Odin asked, looking far away.

Thor fired a look at Loki, "Loki, lift your magic."

Loki shook his head subtly, telling Thor that it wasn't him.

Odin turned to Loki, who stiffened but Odin smiled at him, "Took me quite a while to break free from your spell. Frigga would have been proud."

Loki was moved by this gesture. He looked over to see Thor staring at him, anger building.

Odin placed a hand on Thor's shoulder, calming him, "Come and sit with me. I don't have much time."

Odin sat, out of breath, weak on a stone. His sons sit beside him.

"I know that we failed you, but we can make this right," Thor started.

"I failed you," Odin replied. "It is upon us...Ragnarok."

"No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur," Thor reassured his father.

Odin shook his head lightly, "No. It has already begun. They are coming. My life was all that held them back, but my time has come. I cannot keep them away any longer."

"Father, who are you talking about?" Thor asked as Loki sat quietly.

"The Goddess of Death. Hela. My firstborn," he faced Thor. "Your sister. And the Mistress of All Evil, Maleficent."

"What?" The revelation added to Thor's turmoil for the last events in his life while Loki couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hela's violent appetites grew beyond
my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her," Odin explained. "Locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard...and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless."

Odin smiled, regretfully, "While Maleficent..."

"Father, she is nothing but a myth. We can stop her," Thor said, determinedly. "We can face her together."

Odin took Thor's hand, "No we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone."

Odin looks into Thor's eyes, struggling to breathe.

"I love you, my sons," Odin spoke, turning to the scenery in front of them.

Loki sat quietly, hearing those words for the longest time.

For the briefest of instances, the three men shared a quiet moment.

Tears well in Thor's eyes as Odin continued to speak.