Chapter 16

📍 Sakaar | Day 28 - November 2017

The massive garage doors opened, and it set off blaring alarms to alert the palace of the unauthorized departure.

The Commodore ship lifted from the garage as Thor pushed forward on the throttle, making the ship zoom ahead.

"Loyal Sakaarians, Lord of Thunder has stolen my ship and my favorite champions," the Grandmaster announced. "Sakaarians, take to the skies. Bring him down. Do not let him leave this planet."

Pilots hastily rushed to their Palace Patrol ships so as to pursue the Commodore.

"There's two behind," Maleficent noted to Thor.

The Patrol ships are locking weapons on Thor when they were both blown out of the sky by the Valkyrie, Bruce, and Diaval.

"Good shot!" Bruce told her.

Thor and Valkyrie's ship zipped through the city in tandem. On the horizon, the Statesman, the enlarged Grandmaster, and his Riot Control team rained down hell on the revolting prisoners.

Thor was in the pilot's seat, and Valkyrie came in over the radio, "Open the doors."

Maleficent looked over the console and flipped a switch.

Valkyrie steered down, dropping altitude. Her whole ship spun upside down, yet her cockpit was still right-side up.

"I hope that you're both tougher than you look," Valkyrie shouted to Bruce and Diaval.

"Why?" Banner asked.

Valkyrie maxed the throttle. The ship accelerated. When she's under Thor's ship, Valkyrie pressed the eject button, sending Bruce and Diaval out of her ship.

Bruce screamed in fright roughly, landing inside the Commodore and hanging on the other side of the opening, while Diaval perfectly landed on his feet due to his nature of flying.

Diaval pulled Bruce upwards so he could stand, "Come on. Let's go. You can do it."

The ship is being fired upon by another pursuit vehicle. Banner joins Thor.

"Shouldn't we be shooting back or something?" Bruce asked, walking towards Thor's seat with difficulty.

"Yes, we should," Thor said, talking to Valkyrie over the radio. "Where are the guns on this ship?"

"There aren't any. It's a leisure vessel," she replied. "Grandmaster uses it for his good

times, orgies, and stuff."

Her reply made Maleficent stand up immediately from her seat.

"Did she just say the Grandmaster uses it for orgies?" Bruce clarified to Thor.

"Yeah. Don't touch anything," Diaval said in disgust.

Attacks were made and Valkyrie's ship was hit.

She rotated the cockpit to face backward and opened fire, taking out the attacking chase-ship.

But now in her cockpit, sparks, and alarms rang.

In the distance, she clocked the Grandmaster's Riot Ship, raining terror down on the masses. With a look of determination as she popped the hatch above, her ship is now a convertible.

Meanwhile, Warsong zoomed out from under Thor's ship, still accelerating. Valkyrie has turned her ship into a missile, and its trajectory is the Grandmaster's Riot Control Ship.

Warsong exploded while the Statesman is knocked off kilter and went down for a hard landing in the market.

"No!" Thor and Banner shouted as they witnessed the fiery explosion of Valkyrie's kamikaze flight path

Thor experienced a brief instant of devastation but then noticed a spec coming out of the explosion.

It was Valkyrie.

She hit the ship's windshield and grabbed hold, residual smoke wafting off of her.

Thor continued to fly the ship out of the city into the Wastelands as six Sakaarian fighter ships raced after them in formation.

The following dogfight proceeded across the Wastelands and then out, over the Sakaarian Ocean.

"Get inside!" Diaval told Valkyrie.

"In a minute!" Val pulled herself up and then ran down the roof of the ship.

Thor and Banner followed the thumping of her footstep as she sprinted and leaped off, landing on the lead Sakaarian ship.

She began tearing into the enemy ship with her bare hands.

Thor and Bruce exchange a look.

Thor stood up, "I should probably go and help."

Thor abruptly exited, leaving Banner at the ship's controls, "Here, take the wheel."

"No. I don't know how to fly one of these," Bruce argued in panic.

"You're a scientist. Use one of your PhDs," Thor said before glancing at Maleficent, who was standing calmly, watching by the window.

"Take care," he surprised her by pecking her temple and then leaving all of a sudden.

Diaval stood frozen in place. He was so confused about what just happened. It was like Maleficent wasn't the same woman he was with all these years.

"None of them are for flying alien spaceships!" Bruce shouted after him.

"Oh, no. I can't see anything," Bruce warily said as he took control and debris covered their path.

Maleficent looked at Diaval, "Do what you do best."

Diaval nodded before turning to a raven and flying beside Bruce's window.

Bruce got the signal to follow him.

Maleficent walked off to the entrance of the ship, making Bruce call for her, "Wait! You're leaving me too?!"

Maleficent looked at him in wonder. Then, she shrugged, "Eh. You'll be alright."

She jumped off the ship to another one controlling it to raise higher than the Commodore.

The Sakaarian inside was left confused as he could no longer control the ship.

And when it was done, she jumped on top of the Commodore.

The ship she just controlled was halted to the side in her control, and it burst into explosions.

She stood there, watching the chaos go by as she began channeling what she can inside her.

Her eyes turned to their glowing emeralds as green smoke puffed out of her aura.

Thor, who was leaping into the middle of the fight, looked up and saw Maleficent.

The sky grew dark above them, thunder vibrating through it.

He watched with furrowed brows as the green swirling clouds started to brew over Maleficent's head.

Valkyrie dragged her blades down the entire underbelly of a ship before backflipping to another when she looked up to Maleficent.

Suddenly, Thor felt something inside him getting triggered. He saw a bolt of green power lightning strike down Maleficent, leaving her to scream.

Then, a loud green explosion came from her, outward the ships to knock them out.