Chapter 55

📍 Gates of Eternity | May 2024

Thor looked around them as they stepped into the water, seeing Gorr kneeling in front of a figure with a galaxy in it.

Gorr rose his arm in worship as the light shone on him.

"Gorr! Stop!" Thor called out.

"What kind of father would I be if I stopped?" Gorr turned around to face him, breathing heavily.

"I know your pain, but this isn't the way," Thor shouted over.

Maleficent struggled to get up, a lash on her cheek, "It's not death or revenge that you seek."

Thor turned around to look at Maleficent.

"What do I seek?" Gorr asked them.

Maleficent stared at Thor's face, "You seek love."

"Love?" Gorr queried. "Why should I seek love?"

"Because it's all any of us want," Maleficent spoke, eyes not leaving Thor's.

Thor walked over to help Maleficent sit up.

"How dare you turn your back on me?" Gorr scowled at him.

"You've won, Gorr," Thor turned around for a moment. "Why would I spend my last moments with you when I can be with her?"

"I choose love," Thor continued. "You can, too. You can bring her back."

Gorr was left wondering.

"Make your wish," Thor said before getting to Maleficent on the ground.

Play the song to get the full effect of the following scenes. Read slowly and savor the moment. It's a MUST:

"Hey," Thor lifted her up to lay her body on his lap. "You alright?"

"Yeah," Maleficent chuckled. "Just really... really tired."

"Your face," Thor caressed it with his finger, making her hiss.

"I'm sorry," Thor leaned down to place a gentle kiss on it before moving to her forehead. "I don't know why we have to go through this. You scared me."

"You rescued me," Maleficent said.

"Because you did that to me," Thor leaned his forehead to hers. "And I vowed to love you and choose you in all life may bring us."

Gorr watched them, remembering the same position he was in as his daughter died in the desert.

Gorr groaned, coughed, and sobbed at its memory, "I'm dying."

"She would have no one," Gorr spoke to the couple on the ground. "She would be alone."

Maleficent sighed to look at Thor and him, "She won't be alone."

Gorr was taken aback by her reply.

Thor was shocked at her answer. She looked down at her to confirm what he thinks she was trying to say.

Maleficent faced Thor with a soft smile and nodded at him.

Gorr inhaled sharply before facing Eternity on his knees, an arm up in the air.

Light shone brightly on him as he made his wish.

Maleficent watched as the light from Eternity traveled to the sky and back to the ground where Gorr lay.